Using OP-1 as a synth module?

-Can I control polyphonic synthesis via midi on an OP-1 as a module with my Octatrack?
-There are 4 parameters per synth engine on the OP-1, right? I could assign those parameters to CC's and have fully functional midi control via the OT, right?
-Can you save patches on an OP-1?
-Does OP-1 respond to program control changes?

Comments

• I use my Digitakt to control the OP-1 so you can definitely do with an OT. The only way to use CC is with the OP-1 midi lfo so you’re limited to 4 parameters via cc only. I’m not familiar enough with the OT, but the DT has a pitch bend parameter which also works. You can save patches on the OP-1, but there’s no way to change them via midi and no program change either. I believe the OT has 4 note polyphony per track like the DT, so you can use multiple tracks to get more polyphony. One thing I’ve been having a lot of fun with it sequencing the finger sequencer from the DT.
  • I use my Digitakt to control the OP-1 so you can definitely do with an OT. The only way to use CC is with the OP-1 midi lfo so you’re limited to 4 parameters via cc only. I’m not familiar enough with the OT, but the DT has a pitch bend parameter which also works. You can save patches on the OP-1, but there’s no way to change them via midi and no program change either. I believe the OT has 4 note polyphony per track like the DT, so you can use multiple tracks to get more polyphony. One thing I’ve been having a lot of fun with it sequencing the finger sequencer from the DT.
    Thanks for your reply!

So can I transmit midi CCs to the OP like filter cutoff, resonance, velocity, etc, or just LFO midi data?
  • Just cc 1-4 which you assign to any synth,fx or envelope parameter and note data (pitch,velocity,length, pitchbend etc)
  • My unit does not seem to respond to velocity from the computer. Is there something which should be configured previously in order to do so?