Rule proposal: 100 post in order to sell things. To limit scammers.

Is it me or this board ultimately it’s become a target for scammers?

Fam, Do not buy nothing from new users with no story on the forum!
Keep spammers away from here!

I strongly suggest a rule similar to Muffwiggler, where you have to make at least 100 posts in order to sell things.

This 100 post must be real ones, not simply a run for the n.100 with one-word posts,
Otherwise the count should be scaled down to zero.

But we need more active moderators!

This way we could keep out the majority of scammers.

Or perhaps a mix of things, such as someone might be more of a commenter than a poster or even just more active. Not solely on just one thing.

Solid idea for sure. Is there a post count on here, though?

Yes, it’s on your profile page

Just chiming in my views here. I don’t comment a great deal (54 so some way off 100 given I’ve been a member since July '14 ) and I think I’ve only sold a PO-12 way back on here but wonder whether 100 limit is a bit overkill. I’ve bought a couple of things on here though and being able to check visit count, length of time on the site as well as what people have posted has always felt a good way of checking someone out even before I’ve even entered into discussion.

I think a 100 limit is way too much. But I agree there should be some kind process.

Wouldn’t it be enough if the seller must provide a picture of the product with a handwritten text label of the username and the current date?

Wouldn’t it be enough if the seller must provide a picture of the product with a handwritten text label of the username and the current date?

Exactly what I’ve done :wink:

Or of himself with a fish on his head? => http://www.419eater.com/html/trophy_room.htm

After @RisingSon it’s been scammed by @unknown_bob I relaunch my own proposal.

Not that I disagree with something like your suggestion, @unknown_bob did it via PM

The problem with a 100 post count is that there just isn’t enough content to comment on, and this board averages maybe 6-10 new posts a day. Would be alright if we wanted to wait a year or 2 for the trade community to build up though.

I bought an OP-1 from a user with only 9 posts two years ago. He sent me links to his discogs and ebay accounts and made the transaction through PayPal. Everything went great. Not to mention it’s the cheapest deal I’ve ever seen ($606 USD).

I feel bad for the dude that got ripped with an OP-Z, but in these kind of deals you really need to protect yourself. PayPal has a strong policy on scams so if anything goes wrong your money is safe.