How can I play my OP-1 through the speakers of my laptop?

Simple question, I just want to play my OP-1 through my speakers. How should I set that up? I am using a MacBook Air. I have a two way 3.5mm jack if that helps.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3625?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US I think you can just use a normal lead. Then you need a program that lets you monitor the sound through the speaks - which is loads of them.

or we can bang on the door of TE to give us Audio over USB… Write them to tell you you want it! :slight_smile:

and they will be all “lol PO-12! LOL!”

I believe there is a 3.5mm audio in jack on Apple laptops (there is on my ancient G4 Powerbook anyway). Use a programme like Garageband or Audacity and set the Core Audio settings accordingly.

oh and that doesn’t work for the MacBook Air @Daninski just the MacBook and MacBook Pro. I have a MacBook Air, the only part of the jack that works as an input is the TRRS part that works like an iPhone’s jack. If you have a suitable iPhone interface it should work the same (iPhone headsets work for Skype and such, and even control volume just like an iDevice)

It cannot be switched after plugging in a cable like the big MacBooks :frowning:

Sorry for my duff into then. It seems that the Apple guys conspire to mess up really good products in an effort to flog new gear to existing customers.

As for audio over USB, I guess this would be useful for some users but in my opinion is a complete waste of processor resources. If you want to send audio to your laptop then just get an appropriate interface.

As for audio over USB, I guess this would be useful for some users but in my opinion is a complete waste of processor resources. If you want to send audio to your laptop then just get an appropriate interface.

why are you guys against this idea? i thought if any community would embrace their machine to be even more streamlined, it would be this one. dont think it would sap much processor power, its already making the sounds, just has to route to usb, have computer configured to understand the interface.

I am not sure it is as easy as you suggest and although it would be a neat feature, it would be way down my list of improvements. I personally like the fact it is self contained and if I want to use it with other gear and my laptop I would just use an interface.

dont think it would sap much processor power” thats a guess. while its a cool feature it is also the future. and we are from the past. we all already have audio interfaces(audio interfaces are super cheap.) its one hell of a feature. And there are still simple issues plaguing the op1. I think most of us would rather see those fixed before working on lofty new features as opposed to fixing old broken ones. for instance full midi; noise; loop pop; audio input effects. Usb also introduces noise(like just having it plugged in) so im really not interested in audio over usb. Now if the Op-2 has audio over usb well thats just dandy.

so to answer your question of why we are so against the idea. it is because we would rather they focus on other things.

i dont speak for everyone just my 7 cents

ohh and OP i think macs audio out is also an audio in(youll have to set that up with a daw/google) but if that doesnt work you can get one of those cheal 2 dollar usb interface sticks and just plug into the audio in.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3625?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US I think you can just use a normal lead. Then you need a program that lets you monitor the sound through the speaks - which is loads of them.

Can you link one?

“This is not the feature request you’re looking for” @masterofstuff124 lol…

so to answer your question of why we are so against the idea. it is because we would rather they focus on other things.

i dont speak for everyone just my 7 cents

im a new-ish user of the OP so I guess the issues you have stated havent popped out entirely to me yet. Part of the reason I brought up the issue at all is I thought all the bugs had been sorted over the multiple os upgrades since the launch. oops… i guess i just assumed they were more on the ball on the refinement of it, as it seems pretty good to me after having one for a while now.