an Aussie boy/girl duo created a dance-hall beat OP-1 cover of Fleetwood Mac

You guessed it, it’s me and my wife again.

Filmed by our cousin in a cool forest in New Zealand last December, recorded live on a zoom H1 sitting between us… The OP-1 ran through a sony XB-30 speaker, guitar, vocals and speaker all recorded live onto the stereo mic in the zoom H1.

We do some live vocal looping at the end using the OP-1.

Minimalistic setup, but pretty happy with it, other than the lower register vocals of my missus getting a bit muffled.

Let me know if you dig it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b75Eb4JERlA

First song I listened today :slight_smile: I didn’t know the original but I think I prefer your version, it’s beautiful! Well done!

Aaaaah how I miss summer !

First song I listened today :) I didn't know the original but I think I prefer your version, it's beautiful! Well done!

Thanks man!!! Well poor Fleetwood Mac didn’t have the OP-1 when they made the original, so could it possibly be good at all?

Aaaaah how I miss summer !

I’ve just completed 2 years of nearly continuous summer… Not to brag :stuck_out_tongue:

This is great! Really good balance as well considering no overdubs. Love the original n love your interpretation.

Yeah, this track obviously smells deep love :smiley:

Such moments are precious, you think they will last forever but it’s actually a constant effort to build an everlasting love.
I wish you all the best with your wife, Ryan! May the two of you never know bitterness!!

This is great! Really good balance as well considering no overdubs. Love the original n love your interpretation.

Yeah, thanks! I thought it was a real good result, just if I did it again, I’d tell Chels to lean in towards the mic more for the low bits…

I used the same setup for this one too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQTWSSzGR4A the thing is that on the take that we used, BOTH cameras shat themselves, ie. one ran out of battery, and the other storage… So we had to use the wrong footage, so the sync is out, but it’s all a live take as far as the audio goes…
Yeah, this track obviously smells deep love :D
Such moments are precious, you think they will last forever but it's actually a constant effort to build an everlasting love.
I wish you all the best with your wife, Ryan! May the two of you never know bitterness!!

Mate, thankyou!

To tell you the truth, it’s too late for no bitterness… The last 3 years have been really hard, but we’re sticking with it… So much interpersonal conflict, holy crap! But it’s funny how music can make it all look so rosy :stuck_out_tongue:

Damn, I would have bet you too where still in honeymoon !

Nothing like summer and music to make everything shine ^^

Well, I still wish you the best, man.
May constant consciousness and thirst for light squash bitterness :slight_smile:

Damn, I would have bet you too where still in honeymoon !
Nothing like summer and music to make everything shine ^^

Well, I still wish you the best, man.
May constant consciousness and thirst for light squash bitterness :)

Amen to that!

Thanks so much for your blessings.

Back at you <3