Studiomux sends/receives audio through lightning!

Just saw this. If I’m reading correctly, it’s a HUGE update for iPad music makers: no more hassle with audio cables routing, just a plain and simple lightning cable!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=myZdWt8kSzo

(Unless of course it was already the case for a longtime and I’m just getting aware of it. Which is then a HUGE update of my knowledge :D)

Keep meaning to look in to this one. Anyone know if this would allow to record 8 beatmaker 3 tracks in to 8 separate daw (ableton/Sonar) tracks on Windows?

Keep meaning to look in to this one. Anyone know if this would allow to record 8 beatmaker 3 tracks in to 8 separate daw (ableton/Sonar) tracks on Windows?

I’ve been checking that. BM3 itself is able to stream audio through lightning cable, without the need to use studiomux. If I understood correctly they both comply to the IDAM protocol (Inter Device Audio Mode). But no matter if I’m using BM3 or Studiomux, it looks like BM3 can’t output single tracks, just the master track… Otherwise it works quite well.

Also, I noticed that BM3 was slightly after the beat while in Ableton Link mode… but didn’t figure out why yet.

latencyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

holy cow, we are all doomed

IDAM + Midi <span style=“color: rgb(62, 63, 58); font-family: Roboto, “Helvetica Neue”, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);”>(Inter Device Audio Mode + Midi) was introduced in iOS 11. I think its operation is independent of the app you use. You do not need studiomux to make it work. A couple of months ago I posted a video where you can see an ipad running AUM and Fugue Machine sending audio and midi through a lightning cable to a macbook running Aalto inside ppooll (Max/MSP).

Sorry for my bad english :slight_smile:

Test Ipad midi + audio over lightning cable - ios 11(aum, fugue, aalto, ppooll) - YouTube

Yes,
A couple of days ago I made a tune in Ableton with a solo from the Animoog app from my iPad:
I simply connected the iPad to the MacBook via lightning to usb and enable it in the audio midi app, et voila!