Video Output options?

Hello everyone! First post in this forum, happy to join!

I’m really interested in the video sequencing aspect of the OP-Z since i’m familiar doing Unity stuff (mostly VR), and i’ve already used Keijiro Takahashi awesome opensource code to build some audio reactive pieces. Hopefully the Toolkit will be well thought.

But i’m wondering what the output options will be.

Because using the not so reliable Apple iPad/iphone HDMI adapter for example wouldn’t be the best solution, the adapter does not send a raw image on the screen, and the output is limited to 1600x900 instead of 1080p, plus the ratio issues, black bars etc. And Apple TV is out of question for audio reactive visuals i guess, it needs Wifi (not practical for live sets) and might have some latency issues.
The only option would be to connect to a PC or Laptop to control Unity stuff, so the OP-Z could be used with some sequencing magic if using Unity (thanks to the toolkit), or could also be used as a classic MIDI controller to trigger visuals (in touchdesigner or others) similar to a Novation Launchcontrol.

I’m having a hard time imagining how they are going to solve this to make it usable for professionnal video sets through a portable device (other than laptop). I’ll wait for next NAAM session for some news!

It has a USB-C port, so I assume you can get a raw signal out of it that way.

But the video signal would still be gathered from an Ipad via bluetooth and fed back into the OP-Z because it doesn’t seem to have any graphics processor onboard. :confused: So latency might still be an issue.

They talked about some “dual domain synthesis” type shizz… Yes, I dream about OPZ every night

#foreveralone

^ They said the device were the Unity is executing also runs the OP-Z sound engine…

Also please TE, don’t limit the BYOS to Apple/iOS devices… please make it available on Android as well!

A VST plugin for Windows would be great too!!

I switched Apple for Android/Google last year and I´m very happy personal life/business wise. However, I´ve read that Android sucks in audio/video stuff - maybe that´s the reason that TE choose to focus in iOS (and it´s a very popular ecosystem/probably the major system of their customers base) - probably the same reason that iPad got so much more interesting music apps. However, I want to understand this better: it´s true that Android isn´t so good for audio, code-wise? Why?

I thought it all boiled down to the fact that different Android phones / tablets had different hardware whereas iOS is (largely) consistent.

@ghostly606 said:
I thought it all boiled down to the fact that different Android phones / tablets had different hardware whereas iOS is (largely) consistent.

That and Apple Metal Graphics

What about lightning to HDMI?

@l3ftofthedial said:
What about lightning to HDMI?

err thunderbolt to hdmi