random Japanese records

Comments

• So tempted to order more, haha. But I'll try to leave them for someone else. Hopefully there'll be more down the line. I would consider doing the same thing, but I don't think it translates to Australia, haha!
  • Nice!! Missed out on last batch. Hopefully we can snag some of round 2's offerings.
  • Anyone who hasn't bought already needs to get in on this batch.
    I'm in love with some of the pop tracks I got lol.
  • Finally got a chance to go through these bad boys. My fav, cause it has some great chilled instrumental sections on one side. Gonna be perfect for some lofi. Can anyone translate the name for me?

• Junko Yagami purple town

• edited March 16
    Junko Yagami purple town

Thankyou! I was vibing on the B side though, haha.
  • Hey @LudicrouSpeed your sticker reads “Hit Shohin Record Service”

Shohin is Japanese for products, so it translates to hit product record service. You have it upside down in your photo (incase you are going to stick it on something and want it the right way up :)

@モブス Cool Idea!
  • Hey @LudicrouSpeed your sticker reads “Hit Shohin Record Service”

Shohin is Japanese for products, so it translates to hit product record service. You have it upside down in your photo (incase you are going to stick it on something and want it the right way up :)

@モブス Cool Idea!
    Haha, oops! Thanks for 6h3 translation <3

• some of the new batch
  • edited March 23
    Those look cool... love that one with the booklet - is that a flexidisc? 

I've become a little bit obsessed recently with certain records from Japan. I absolutely love Hiroshi Yoshimura's work (especially Music For Nine Post Cards). Also, I bought an amazing comp on Light In The Attic records called Even A Tree Can Shed Tears (Japanese Folk and Rock from '69 to '73). Lots of good stuff on there to go off on musical tangents to, eg, this amazing album from Sachiko Kanenobu. Then, along the same lines as Hiroshi Yoshimura, the guy from Visible Cloaks put two amazing mixes out on soundcloud called Fairlights, Mallets and Bamboo vols I and II. It really doesn't help my vinyl addiction at all. Makes me want to come to Japan though, seems Tokyo has some good record shops!

• some of the new batch
    Dude! These look nek level... & dat booklet one is cray cray

The one with the (.) (.) is my fav.
  • I've become a little bit obsessed recently with certain records from Japan. I absolutely love Hiroshi Yoshimura's work (especially Music For Nine Post Cards). Also, I bought an amazing comp on Light In The Attic records called Even A Tree Can Shed Tears (Japanese Folk and Rock from '69 to '73). Lots of good stuff on there to go off on musical tangents to, eg, this amazing album from Sachiko Kanenobu. Then, along the same lines as Hiroshi Yoshimura, the guy from Visible Cloaks put two amazing mixes out on soundcloud called Fairlights, Mallets and Bamboo vols I and II. It really doesn't help my vinyl addiction at all. Makes me want to come to Japan though, seems Tokyo has some good record shops!

Thanks so much for the recommendations!
  • Got 5 more packages ready to put together

• Site still shows out of stock :)
  • Sorry for the delay. I ended up with enough for 10 packages.
    I also found another copy of the same picture disk so someone will get that.
    Packs are up on Gohan tapes website now.

http://www.gohantapes.com/product/random-japanese-5x45rpm-record-package/

I've also made a sample pack which I'll put up for free soon.
    Did anyone end up making a track out of the previous batch yet?

• Exciting ;-) I can't resist. I've had so little time for music making recently, but I got as far as recording all the 45's so that I can slice and dice into drumkits and synth samples.

• Yesssss! Thanks for another run! I missed the first one, so I gladly took the chance this time.

• I left it for a few hours, but I had to jump on this chance again :)

• @モブス said:
    some of the new batch

Nice, that's Himeji castle on the cover, isn't it?
    Went there exactly two years ago to visit a friend!!!

• Just received package, woo! Records received were all well kept and have already heard some great material to mangle. The snacks/stickers that came with the package were icing on the cake. Thx!

• @PLNB said:
    Just received package, woo! Records received were all well kept and have already heard some great material to mangle. The snacks/stickers that came with the package were icing on the cake. Thx!

looking forward to hearing what you make!

• Received yesterday :) The kids record is my fav so far. Fun multi-page package w/ fun artwork... Some cool new samples to use. Thankyou <3

• Hi,
    Thought this was a cool idea so I have been following this thread for a while waiting for a new run and nearly missed it!!
    Just made it into this batch....can't wait!!
    Cheers!!

• @vinylmonkey - great name, hope you got some nice bits for RSD :)

I got my package through too - thanks! :)

• Hey! Totally new to this forum, will another batch be happening sometime? :-)

• Sadly still haven't had time to make a track from the records I got :(
    Not much spare time having a 1 year old and when I get home from work too the last thing i want to do is sit in front of a computer for more hours making music.
    I did recently get a Digitakt though so I really should grab some time and crack on.
    The plan is to make a little EP from the collection of records I got :)

• @blossom said:
    Hey! Totally new to this forum, will another batch be happening sometime? :-)

I have a bunch of records just need to sort through and make more packages. Will aim to do again in mid June

• @spacetravelmadeeasy said:
    Sadly still haven't had time to make a track from the records I got :(
    Not much spare time having a 1 year old and when I get home from work too the last thing i want to do is sit in front of a computer for more hours making music.
    I did recently get a Digitakt though so I really should grab some time and crack on.
    The plan is to make a little EP from the collection of records I got :)

Would love to hear it

@モブス said:

@blossom said:
    Hey! Totally new to this forum, will another batch be happening sometime? :-)

I have a bunch of records just need to sort through and make more packages. Will aim to do again in mid June

Awesome. I might try 3 for 3... Unless there is some kind of limitation, hahahaa