Uuummmm charging forever??

Ok so my first charge was about 5 hours.

Doing my second charge now and I started it at 11PM last night.
It is now 7PM the next day…
It has been charging for 20 hours now and is still going.

Uh

Is this normal?

And i just unplugged it and its at 3 out of 5 green LED’s for battery after 20 hours!

Yeah, it’s quite normal. If it bothers you, do the battery recalibration procedure.

Yeah, it's quite normal. If it bothers you, do the battery recalibration procedure.
Thanks Motone, I had heard of that, but didn't think it would start happening after only 1 charge :(

It does bother me a bit because I don't know if I'm overcharging the battery

I think, coming fresh out of the factory, it hasn’t been calibrated yet. Just use it until the battery is empty (screen goes dark), then make a full charge for at least 7 hours.

I think, coming fresh out of the factory, it hasn't been calibrated yet. Just use it until the battery is empty (screen goes dark), then make a full charge for at least 7 hours.

Thanks Motone, I will do this

I may be wrong but because of how this battery works it isn’t possible to overcharge.

i left mine overnight plugged in a decent grade USB hub, it kept charging through the next day, i didn’t care, stopped blinking on the day after, I switched it on, 4/5. meh.

So much issues with charge indicators ! I don’t look at them anymore

Y’all charge w/ power on or off?

@ludicrouSpeed Mostly when off, except when recalibrating the battery meter (don’t know if it’s required, did it twice in the last six years, and it worked well).

@ludicrouSpeed Mostly when off, except when recalibrating the battery meter (don't know if it's required, did it twice in the last six years, and it worked well).

How did you recalibrate the battery?

I’ve been having major problems lately after several months or solid performance. Only get 1 hr of time on it before screen glitch, and then it stays on for several hours but screen is glitched

Manual says: let OP-1 run until battery is empty and the screen goes dark. Don’t switch off. Connect to charger (not USB port of computer, use a dedicated USB power supply with enough current output, let’s say 1A or more) and let it charge at least 6-7 hours, while it’s still switched on. Of course the USB charge option should be activated (SHIFT+COM, OPT, turn encoder until green arrow appears in circle). After that, the battery meter should be fine again.

Screen glitch sounds strange. Which OS version is installed?

I think I’m on 218, but It’s been an issue since about a month after purchase…

Initially on older OS, new OS doesn’t change the issue…

Do you guys get the charge indicator when you hold the speech bubble button when switched on and plugged into USB, even when the opt is switched to not charge? I still get it…

Current OS 225 fixes some screen issues, an OS reinstall might fix some issues in general…

Yes, pressing HELP gives you the battery state.

Current OS 225 fixes some screen issues, an OS reinstall might fix some issues in general...

Yes, pressing HELP gives you the battery state.

I mean my charger indicates moving lines, as though it’s charging, even with opt off.

I haven’t installed 225, but I’ll try it. I think it was a DNA synth screen issue that was fixed, but I’ll try anything at this stage.

Seems like my issue is a very rare one. I’m just “lucky” ;/

Seems like my issue is a very rare one. I'm just "lucky" ;/

Not really. I’ve got this at least once too - i think it went something like: if you power it off with usb charging disabled but usb plugged in and headphone jack plugged in, then when you turn it back on, it keeps on charging. If you keep it connected like that but to a mixer instead, you can hear the ground loop going when you turn the OP1 on. Then on your first keypress on e.g. the note keys, the buss whine stops. If not then, then on the next few presses it should. If not, then going to the comms screen and reenabling and disabling USB charging again should make it quiet again. By all means some kind of software bug.

Seems like my issue is a very rare one. I'm just "lucky" ;/

Not really. I’ve got this at least once too - i think it went something like: if you power it off with usb charging disabled but usb plugged in and headphone jack plugged in, then when you turn it back on, it keeps on charging. If you keep it connected like that but to a mixer instead, you can hear the ground loop going when you turn the OP1 on. Then on your first keypress on e.g. the note keys, the buss whine stops. If not then, then on the next few presses it should. If not, then going to the comms screen and reenabling and disabling USB charging again should make it quiet again. By all means some kind of software bug.

Dang, you got a good handle on it.

I’m not so bothered by the charging thing. Just wish the screen glitch would go away… Well, I’m back to Stockholm next year, so maybe I can drop it into the TE office for some TLC :stuck_out_tongue: