Checks before buying used OP-1

Hi everybody!

I’m about to buy my first OP-1 synth after thinking about it for around 1 and a half years (it’s just a lot of money for a student).

In Germany there is currently no shop which has the OP-1 available in stores, so I want to buy a used one.
I’ve found a good offer with a woodne case and accessoires but unfortunately can’t visit the guy who is selling it due to geographical issues.

So my question: which checks I can ask him to do? I remember there is a key combination for checking the keys of the keyboard, which one was it?
Are there more little hacks to check, whether the OP-1 has some software or hardware issues?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards from Hamburg
Lasse

There is the ability to run a full test under the COM menu. Obviously, you’ll have to go on trust if you can’t check it for yourself. Is there the possibility you could agree some sort of return with the owner, so you can check for yourself and return if there’s any problems? OP-1’s are very well built so if they’ve treated the instrument well, it’s very likely that all will be ok. Other than that, you could ask them to do a video, maybe? Main things to check would be that all keys work properly, screen has no dead pixels and that the line in, line out and the USB connection is all working as it’s supposed to. Hope that helps!

Thanks a lot! Unfortunately the seller sold it to a friend, so I have to search again.