OPZ and OP1 sync/interplay

I just pre-ordered an OPZ from Sweetwater, and I am pretty excited. What would be your setup to play with both of these? Will some sort of midi interface be needed? Do we know if the OPZ will utilize a click track?

My plan to answer your questions is to hole up in a room with no computer or phone for a few days and find out!

Any word on release? Price?

“Early next year” is the latest I hear. Price less the op-1, more than PO.

I’ve been thinking about this too.

OP-Z has CV output for the CV track, but CV/click input? We still don’t know.

If OP-Z has no input like OP-1 or POs, then sending “PO Sync” from OP-1 won’t work.

We will have to wait to find out.

OPLabs sold out and not available might mean a new solution is coming. Maybe a solution having to do with iOS?

I hope the two can sync to eachother

I have seen them sync many OP-1s with POs and OP-Zs a couple years ago at Eaux Claires – so I know it is possible – just so curious as to how! One elegant solution is needed for syncing. Obviously POs are limited to a click track though. Can’t wait to get my hands on a OP-Z!

I believe the answer for OP-1 to OP-Z will be midi over USB and then to POs from some master. It will be interesting.

Any more word on this? Will his be the module?

Crazy that this is still mostly unknown or not working.

In the manual there’s a depiction of the OP-Z being conncected to the OP-1 using a powered usb hub… maybe the one without isn’t currently supported or this is just a bug for now?