Permanent, Annoying Reverb / Echo on OP-1

Hello, all.

I am a new OP-1 user, so bear with what may be an easy fix.

Everything on my OP-1 has this annoying echo / reverb coloring the sound.

How do I turn it off? I cannot imagine the folks that developed this machine intended for all sounds in all modes to have a cheesy reverb / echo.

Thank you kindly. God Bless.

I will pray for you. Please pray for me.

Sincerely,
Ryan

I bet you‘ve got the master fx enabled. Just go to mixer mode (the button right next to tape) press button T3 (“3” under the screen) to view master fx, and press again to disable it.

I bet you‘ve got the master fx enabled. Just go to mixer mode (the button right next to tape) press button T3 ("3" under the screen) to view master fx, and press again to disable it.

Not all heroes wear capes. You already made the cost of admission worth it on this site. :wink:

Thank you so very kindly.

I assume you know your stuff. Feel free to leave a link to your work. I would love to see what you’ve come up with.

My IG is rellish3214
And my IG vids are also on YT.

Welcome to the (not so) Secret Guild of the Enlightened Operators of Teenageengineered Devices.

And no, I’m not the cape type, mostly hoodies. :wink:

Press shift and info (I think) and you see a graphical representation of the flow path which is a good place to start troubleshooting.

This link leaps to all (most) of my IG OP-1 stuff, via hashtag. Please enjoy!

https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/ringofthenibblefunk/?hl=en

While we’re talking about this: if you ever find yourself with sound from the OP-1 being clipped or distorted, especially after you’ve been using the mixer, check your Drive. Drive is basically a compressor/limiter and it does what compressor/limiters always do, bring the maximum and minimum volume closer together. The amount of Drive that was right for your mix may not be right when you’re making a new patch or recording a new track, so cutting it down may help make your sound more natural and clean again.