Substitute for 1/8 to 1/4inch?

So I want to use the OP-1 at small venues gigs. What’s the best thing for me to use so that it can run through the venue monitors/speakers so that I’m not just using a 1/8 to 1/4 inch cable. I imagine that if I just use a 1/8 to 1/4inch cable, the tone will suffer or perhaps have unnecessary white noise underneath.

Thanks!

I use instrument cables with a 1/4 to 1/8 adaptor.

I don’t think there should be any tone issues using a 1/8" to 1/4" cable. It is just wires and should be no different than a 1/8’ to 1/8" cable. You could consider a small mixer that goes between your OP-1 and the house mixer though. It would mean that your OP-1 isn’t directly connected to the main console, if that is a concern. Otherwise, an OP-1 is like any other modern musical device with 1/8" output, and you can treat it that way. Adapter cables should be no issue for a venue that knows what they are doing.

Thanks for the help!

If your really want a solid solution, get a 1/8" stereo to 1/4" left and right mono cable. Plug both 1/4s into a stereo direct box, or two single direct boxes. That’ll give you a ground lift with that DI.

If your really want a solid solution, get a 1/8" stereo to 1/4" left and right mono cable. Plug both 1/4s into a stereo direct box, or two single direct boxes. That'll give you a ground lift with that DI.

What stereo DI box do you recommend?

If your really want a solid solution, get a 1/8" stereo to 1/4" left and right mono cable. Plug both 1/4s into a stereo direct box, or two single direct boxes. That'll give you a ground lift with that DI.

What stereo DI box do you recommend?

I’ve got a Radial. It’s solid. Kind of a go-to standard. Mine is the “ProD2” you can also get one with the Jensen transformers for double the price, but that’s not necessary.

Sorry, newbie question here, what is the use of a DI box ? To avoid ground problem ?

Sorry, newbie question here, what is the use of a DI box ? To avoid ground problem ?

A DI converts an unbalanced signal to a balanced signal, gives you a ground lift, and in many instances gives you a -10dB pad option. An unbalanced signal is susceptible to electrical interference the longer the cable. A balanced signal can achieve a much longer cable run with no electrical interference (i.e. stage to sound board).