Audio Interface question!

Hello all! My first post here.

I have a quick question about something that, in all of my time with the OP-1 thus far seems like my only issue with it… For all I know, it may be a capability I am unaware of.
So… Heres the hypothetical…
Im on a plane, dinking around and figure out a great lead synth part with one of the built in synth patches or sample, etc… I have my computer, open it up, plug in the USB to the OP, open ableton or what have you, start a new track to record this part in… Now wait… There is no way to directly record whats happening in the OP to a track through the USB, correct? Is the only real way of getting that sound I really want to play ON the OP and sound through the OP through 1/8" jacks and possibly having to bring an audio interface with me?

I look forward in what you all have to say. I appreciate the assistance!

You can record to album or tape and transfer via USB in disk mode to your computer. No audio through USB unfortunately

thanks for the very quick answer! rats! really? that seems like something that could be included pretty easily. oh well… i guess ill just carry my h4n with me then.

I emailed TE and they said it’s on a to-do list to figure out. So, sounds like it may be possible! Thanks again for the quick reply. I am confident this forum will help me loads in the near future!

that would actually be really dope if they added audio thru usb!

that would actually be really dope if they added audio thru usb!

indeed it would be. I think it would be quite simple a fix as well. Not asking for crazy 96khz 24bit tracking, just 44.1 16 just to be able to track in real time a track in your computer w/o a headphone jack or something jerry rigged thing being used. They could figure out a really great way to do it im sure. and we would figure out great ways to use it…

The OP-1 already operates at 24 Bit 44.1K so that would likely be the sample/bit rate. Man, didn’t think we’d ever see audio over USB! Cool to know they are thinking about it. Good detective work @thenordheimtrust

The OP-1 already operates at 24 Bit 44.1K so that would likely be the sample/bit rate. Man, didn't think we'd ever see audio over USB! Cool to know they are thinking about it. Good detective work @thenordheimtrust

thanks! yeah, 44.1. 24 sounds just fine to me!
now we all just have to pester them into making it a reality! their exact words were: “It’s on a list of potential to-do:s”…

now we just have to make it a ‘required to-do’ :smiley:

I'm sure they can pull it off since we can do MIDI over USB. I don't think it'll be like the Octatrack which is stuck at file transfer/mounting only.