Melodic deep house live set using chopped Ableton track loops and OP-1 improvisations

Hi All! I just performed a live set on facebook featuring a bunch of original Teder records and improvisations using OP-1. The setup is inspired on Stimming’s live rig (chopped ableton loops routed to 3 busses per deck, launchcontrol xl, OP-1). Would love to hear what you guys think, any feedback would be greatly appreciated! (OP-1 improvisation track starts around 18:42)

Original live videofeed: https://www.facebook.com/tedermusic/posts/615966925435334
Soundcloud (higher quality audio): https://soundcloud.com/tedermusic/liveset-facebook-november-4th-2017

Cool man. Would love a more detailed explanation of the setup, and/or a link to this “stimming” fellow’s rig.

Is your macbook keyboard lighting up in time with the music?

Cool man. Would love a more detailed explanation of the setup, and/or a link to this "stimming" fellow's rig.

Hey thanks! Most of it is inspired from this “how i play” video Stimming Interview: How I Play - YouTube . Especially separating tracks in 3 busses allows you to mix different songs together in different ways while keeping the general “storyline” and mixdowm of the original song components, instead of having to keep track of all the different instrument loops in both songs.

I use the launchcontrolxl to mix the decks, top rows of buttons are mapped to single channel effects and side buttons to navigating scenes / playing scenes. 3 channels (kick, percussion and melodic / in-key elements) for track a and 3 for track b. The op1 is routed through audiohub interface to channel 7 and the last row has controls for the delay i use on one of the send channels :slight_smile:

Could talk all night long about this setup, I love both the flexibility and structure of it

Is your macbook keyboard lighting up in time with the music?
It is in fact not, it just seems like it because of the refreshrate of my camera. Would be a totally awesome feature though, should look up if its possible to recreate with software ;)