OP-1/MAC OS High Sierra Issues?

I’ve recently updated my computer OS to High Sierra and since then it has killed the ability to use the OP-1 as a midi controller for Logic or Live. Has this happened to anyone else? Or is it just co-incidence and maybe my Op-1 has general issues?

My Mac is still on 10.9.5. Looking to update it to High Sierra. Since the OP-1 itself is supposed to be class compliant and thus no special USB driver, it’s unlikely the OP-1 has issues by itself. Problem is probably with Live or Logic.

This is what Ableton had to say (source: http://cdm.link/2017/09/macos-high-sierra-upgrade-mostly-worry-free-caveats/)

Ableton tell CDM they have no particular issues to report – other than check your other stuff:

We have no known issues open for the upcoming High Sierra (10.13) update from Apple.
We ensure a functional version of Live on this OS from version 9.7.5 which is due for release mid October.

Before updating make sure your third party VST and AU plugins are compatible with OSX 10.13.
Also please verify that the drivers for your audio and MIDI hardware are compatible with OSX 10.13.

try going into your audio/midi setup in APPS/UTILITIES. and remove your op1 from the list of midi devices, then unplug it and plug it back in so it has to refresh? or manually add it back to your list.

this has worked for me in the past for funky controller issues on MAC.

mind, High Sierra effs itself up occasionally, requiring a restart to recognise basic things such as external drives…

try going into your audio/midi setup in APPS/UTILITIES. and remove your op1 from the list of midi devices, then unplug it and plug it back in so it has to refresh? or manually add it back to your list.

this has worked for me in the past for funky controller issues on MAC.

Hmm it’s not actually showing up at all in the audio/midi set up, so I’m actually guessing this may have nothing to do with sierra and more to do with the Op-1 itself sadly.

dang… i’m guessing u tried rescan devices and add device?

do u have another usb cable or another controller u could test your computer w/?

or another computer u could test your op1 w/?

midi channel on op-1 set to 1?