Isolating bass? Raising lows and decreasing mid/high = muffled

Do I have to do this on the PC instead? I can't get the bass from any samples without interference.

Comments

• You've tried Nitro or Punch, right?
  • You've tried Nitro or Punch, right?

I never had success with Punch before but I'm trying Nitro right now, and it's actually producing some good results for me.

What sort of adjustments would I make to Punch to isolate the bass? And I have to put it onto both the mixer and the saved preset right?
  • Read some tutorials on mixing with eq. Rising the lows is not the way to go. You should also try the mastermcomp settings with drive and release. I remember that i once had a combination that made the.bass pump. Kind of like a ducking effect.
  • dinraum said:

Read some tutorials on mixing with eq. Rising the lows is not the way to go. You should also try the mastermcomp settings with drive and release. I remember that i once had a combination that made the.bass pump. Kind of like a ducking effect.

I thought it'd be simple to get rid of other frequencies and focus on just the bass, I'm trying to take it and keep it as its own track so I can modify it. I've managed somewhat (with Nitro, only using blue/orange knob) but it's still a little muffled. I tried messing around with envelope and the white knob but they didn't affect it positively.