New OP-1 Owner having some issues.

Hi all,

Recently bought an OP-1 and although Im absolutely loving it!..There are a couple of things that are bothering me.

First thing I noticed is that the little squares under the rotary encoders don’t match up very well with the knobs. I know the encoders have D Shafts so I’m wondering if just pulling of the knobs and pushing back on again might recenter them. The knobs rotate no problem and aren’t rubbing or affecting use or anything like that so it really is just an aesthetic thing.
Just wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this and found a remedy. For example, does anyone know if can you pries up the little squares at the base of the knobs and then push back on in right position.

Second and more bothersome thing is that my DNA synth display doesn’t look right… There is a little Icon in the bottom left corner and then the pattern doesn’t start till about half way across the screen. Definitely doesn’t look the same as demos iv seen. Iv seen other posts where people running OS 220 have reset and uploaded with 225 and this has cured the problem. Thing is Im a reluctant to do anything like that for fear of voiding warranty.

Really appreciate any help with this.

Ta

You’ll definitely not void your warranty by upgrading the firmware (if it’s the official one).

Afaik the 225 firmware fixes the DNA graphics glitches.

Good to know.

Thanks motone

hey! bought OP-1 2 month ago, i think it’s a new revision. having THE same problem with rotary knobs squares… watched lot’s of videos of old devices - they all were fine… so i think it’s a bad quality of production on the new factory… really sad…

also noticed that paint is not so strong, already have one tiny chip near the linein jack…

one last thing - i’m charging it from my macbook pro via usb in a switched off mode, and it takes AGES to fully charge…

It can take a good 4hours+ to charge.
I like to charge mine switched on.I found it more reliable with the meters…seemingly(?)