Manual arp sequence across multiple octaves?

Hi there,

I’ve been trying to get a manual arpeggio across more than an octave (and using triplets), but found no way to switch octaves in the middle of punching in a sequence in Endless.
Finger does octaves but doesn’t seem to perform at speeds outside fourths.
Pattern seems to do neither patterns nor anything outside fourths either.
Sketch can theoretically do it, but I have to draw everything out and if I want to be accurate that may be out of the question.

How are you guys doing multi-octave arps when you need more control over the notes than the Arpeggio sequencer provides you?

Endless+manual octave shift. You could also split your sequence into octaves and record them separately. If you’re working off a sample you might get away with using it in the drum sampler and pitching it up and down on different key.

Not sure if this would work but would it be possible to use a larger keyboard as a midi controller for the op1 using it to supply the input notes to endless whilst holding the shift key on the op1.

CB

Endless+manual octave shift. You could also split your sequence into octaves and record them separately. If you're working off a sample you might get away with using it in the drum sampler and pitching it up and down on different key.

I like the split approach, still a bit inflexible but a workaround that would do what I want

Not sure if this would work but would it be possible to use a larger keyboard as a midi controller for the op1 using it to supply the input notes to endless whilst holding the shift key on the op1.

CB

I love that idea, definitely going to try this when I’m near a computer

Sadly OP-1 doesn’t accept external MIDI as input source for new sequences, but only as trigger for already established sequences. When I hold down shift on the OP-1 and use the external keyboard it just triggers the corresponding sequences instead of inputting new notes (tried with endless and finger)

As I was typing, I was thinking that may indeed be the case, but wasn’t near the rest of my equipment. Pity.

CB