Got An OP-1 - Afraid to Turn it On!

Just got my OP-1. I recently bought all the PO’s and couldn’t not buy the OP-1. Is it wrong that I am afraid to turn it on Like I don’t deserve to own this thing. I live in Canada and it cost me $1500. I think I am just delaying the gratification as much as I can and riding out the adrenaline from this new purchase.

Haha, I know that feel, bro. Take your time! Everything’s going to be OK… :smiley:

Buyers remorse is a bitch. The longer you think about it the longer it remains. Fire it up and start jamming. I always tell myself (and also the wife) that when it comes to better gear you can always sell it for close to what you paid, well worth the rental fee to see if it’s for you.

yea turn on the juice. she don’t bite

I understand the feeling. My wife was going to get me a Minimoog Voyager for my 30th bday, but was waiting for Sweetwater to get them in. When I found that out, I had the dread of “I don’t play well enough or make enough music for a $3500 instrument!” Ultimately I turned her offer down, keeping in mind that her money is also my money :slight_smile:

But for the OP-1, just go for it! It is well worth the money for what you will do with it. It will bring you joy playing with it, and you can take it anywhere in order to get your “money’s worth” out of it.

Dude, turn that thing on ASAP and check everything, make sure everything works correctly.

it took me over a month to realize the accelerometer was not calibrated correctly, If I caught it sooner I could have just returned it for a new one but I had to send it in for repairs.

I totally understand! I feel that way whenever I buy a nice, quality piece of gear. I take my time and open it really super slow, and I just sit and stare at it for a while without even turning it on, sometimes for days. its kind of like savouring the suspense and the excitement. maybe its weird but I’m into it hehe:)

So it was broken and I just got my exhchange item. I couldn’t come on here in the meantime I was so depressed. Thanks for all the tips so far. I was getting double triggering. I am glad I didn’t wait to long!

So it was broken

Dude, brutal

I know. I cried haha.

So it was broken and I just got my exhchange item. I couldn't come on here in the meantime I was so depressed. Thanks for all the tips so far. I was getting double triggering. I am glad I didn't wait to long!

DAAANG, I hope you fired that puppy up since getting the new one. This thing is so inspiring, everyday brings new ideas. I feel like Willy Wonka would play one of these.