OP-1 Drumkit utility on Android coming very soon....

Hello Operators,

Over the last month and a half I have been working on a mobile solution for creating drum kits for the OP-1 and I’m pleased to say I managed to get something working! I’ll be putting up the Android app on Google Play, hopefully within the next couple of days. Just need to iron out a few things and it should be ready.

I wrote the app as I’ll be traveling SE Asia for 6 months and didn’t want to bring a laptop! I was hoping to include a backup utility / transfer function but don’t think I’ll get that part done in time now, definitely will add this in the future!

Just wanted to give the heads up so stay tuned people…

Play store link

Yay, can’t wait!

hyped to check this out!

hyped to check this out!

Is your OP1 not sold?

hyped to check this out!

Is your OP1 not sold?

Nah, only listed it in here and didn’t get any offers I was tempted by (was pretty set on finding a trade for A4 mki or Organelle +?)… Banned from Elektronauts so frustratingly I couldn’t list there and didn’t ebay it or anything cos back of my mind I don’t really wanna get rid of it or/and pay ebay fees etc;)

Got organelle on its way now (pay in 12mths…) but if the right deal comes along I’ll maybe reconsider. In meantime my OP’s found an extra use in being a super fun sequencer/arp for ipad in BM3 :slight_smile:

Published on Google Play!

Check it out!

Probably a few bugs as I haven’t had a lot of time to extensively test it.

Drag and drop wav samples from the file browser onto the virtual keys and then select “Make Kit” from the menu to save out a aif file. Copy to your OP-1 drum\user folder using OTG usb cable, make sure to wait at least 10 seconds for it to copy over before exiting disk mode!

Hope you all find some good use from it.

Thank you so much. I will benefit greatly from this I am sure.

Where in SE Asia will you be? If you ever come to the deep south of Thailand send a message. I’ll buy you a beer!

Thanks! Will check it out asap

iOS please!

iOS please!
File transfer on iOS is a P.I.T.A.

Looks great but I’m not quite sure how to get to wave files loaded - upon opening the app (and granting permissions), I get a “No wavs here” toast notification. If I select “use folder as default” I don’t see any additional dialogs. I’m on a Pixel running 7.1.2. Any pointers? Thanks!

EDIT: I just tried copying some wav files from my gstomper folder to the OP1DKU folder via the Storage->Explore file browser but the app still can’t see any wav files. I suppose the wav files from gstomper could be the wrong format?

Hi mcgross, thank you for your feedback! when you open the app the file browser should be in the root of your device. You should then be able to browse to your internal (or external) storage. On my galaxy s6 I have to scroll down to “sdcard” which is actually the internal storage. I have then coppied a folder full of wav samples called to the sdcard folder. The “no wavs here” toast message should only appear if there are no wavs or child directories in the opened folder. I have gstomper installed so I’ll check to see if it can’t see wavs from that app but it looks for the .wav extension so it should find them okay. The default folder option is so you can select a folder to use when you reopen the app to save you from browsing for your samples folder each time. You should be able to use any folder you like.

I see, so the file browser is within the app? Maybe I’m missing a dialog? Here’s a screenshot of what I’m seeing: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6HxaCqGJ4GVVkRwcnVvZEhDUmM/view?usp=drivesdk

I’ll try reinstalling to make sure I granted any requested permissions. Thanks!

Well, no luck on reinstalling. My Pixel updated to Oreo the other day. Same issue on my Nexus 6 running 7.0. Might be that Google devices have no SD card storage? I noticed that OP1DKU needs perms for USB storage. Plugged in a USB drive which I could access from the system file browser but still can’t see a way to browse from OP1DKU. I assume I should probably see a list of files from my root directory upon opening the app. No worries, hopefully a later update will resolve the issue. If you’d like me to sideload a test APK or anything just hit me up at my username @gmail.com. Thanks

Thanks mcgross, yeah the behaviour you’re seeing is not what is expected. When you open the app for the first time it will ask for read write permissions then you should see a list of folders from the device’s root directory. See attached screenshots. I have only tested the app on a few physical devices and a few virtual devices and they seemed okay. Will have to change the way the app looks at storage in an update, unfortunately I won’t be near a pc for a few months to make a fix, I might have a solution though as I think on your device it will be looking at an empty directory somewhere on your phone and you might be able to copy your wavs there.

Screenshot

@Metske I’m having the same issue - no prompt to select a folder when I open the app, just the ‘no wavs here’ message. This looks like an awesome tool that would make creating kits on the fly much more manageable - hopefully you find some time to implement some fixes! I would happily pay for this app once it’s fully functional :slight_smile: