New pocket operators coming??

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1353283-REG/teenage_engineering_po_35_speak_pocket_operator.html

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1353282-REG/teenage_engineering_po_33_ko_pocket_operator.html

nice

Just brainstorming here:

Speak and spell emulator? Seems like a pretty TE-ish kind of idea to me.

KO - boxing - punching - OP1 punch effect? maybe like a tiny digital version of an Analog Heat? : )

Just brainstorming here:

KO - boxing - punching - OP1 punch effect? maybe like a tiny digital version of an Analog Heat? : )

Ko is Swedish for Cow (CWO). I think the new ones will both be collabs with Lindstrom again base on his Bitspeek and Echobode (basis for CWO effect) softwares.

1 Like

Bits speak would be boss.
“I’m an operator with my pocket calculator”

Just brainstorming here:

Ko is Swedish for Cow (CWO). I think the new ones will both be collabs with Lindstrom again base on his Bitspeek and Echobode (basis for CWO effect) softwares.

Yeah, I thought they’d have him do at least one other, so that makes sense here.

They’re both going for $89 so a $30 Magnus fee is consistent w/ the tonic. I sure hope they collaborate w/ him on op-z sounds too!!
TE + Magnus = $

1 Like

oh, got it. Makes much more sense.

so these’ll presumably have the microphone xfer deal, too—figures, that was too novel a feature for them to only use once.

^You were right about the speak’n’spell (and an OP-1 effect) ,probably.

Spotted in the wild.

16 blank slots, and a record button… Looks like a sampler to me.

a sampler would be dope !

@clickndrag > where did u get the pic from ?

April/2015:

https://www.operator-1.com/index.php?p=/discussion/996/coming-soon-po-xa-and-po-xb/p1

GAS wants it to be real… cynical internet training is trying to convince me it’s a trolly rendering :stuck_out_tongue:

That picture seems legit to me and corroborates the composition PO as a sampler. Technically speaking, TE could replace the processor used in the POs with a version that has 1MB of memory (the highest avalable for the EFM32 family), lower the codec rate (from 48K) to 32K samples/sec and get 16 slots of up to 1 second sample each. But transfering 1MB of data over the air with the speaker/mic could take a few minutes, so it does not seem very practical. I guess we will need to wait and see.

interesting @punji

isn’t there some kinda of data compression they could use for the mic transfer so not too bog down the airwaves.

could also be a compressed format for the sound data to decrease memory size of sounds…?

@punji

Yes, and what if it was only 12 bit, would that make the sampletime longer?
Even if it didn’t I would prefer it soundwise. Like a mini-SP-12

Yes, delta compression plus 12-bit samples would certainly increase the total sample time, maybe 3x.

Has anyone confirmed that PO-32 is the same exact hardware as PO-1x/2x? They made a board change for the break off tab. Maybe they also did a part compatible upgrade on the processor. But I don’t recall anyone taking a Tonic apart yet.