OP1 Only Boombap/Hiphop Beattape!

Hello fellow Operators I just finished up another 30min beattape using only the OP1 for mixing/mastering and ofcourse the actual creation! I posted my first beattape and the feedback was fantastic I appreciate everyone who contributed and would love some more feedback on this project! Im looking forward to many more OP1 only projects! This time I drew alot of inspiration from many of the fantastic OP1 artists on instagram, but still heavily inspired by madlib https://soundcloud.com/grumpysnorlax/mega-kick

I also have the individual downloads on my bandcamp, link on my soundcloud profile if youre interested!

Very smooth, I especially like the next to last cut!
Dig your vibes a lot man, your style is really developing these last few months…I like what you’re doing!

@3sleeves thanks sleevo, I appreciate the kind words! I want to take my next project to a new level and break the boundaries of the op1. Im still looking for some new drum sounds and I want to use this 3sleeves break I got, and im taking notes on your boombap kit because I like how you spaced all the drums.

@Grumpysnorlax Right on man, can’t wait to hear what’s on the horizon!
To me the key to a good drum kit is making it comfortable for your hands to play…think of it as polyphonic sonic ergonomics :wink:

It’s nice hearing stuff like this - I bought mine to make boom bap 90s style beats using 60s-80s samples. I noticed these types aren’t really popular with OP1 users but I still think it’d be cool to do.

@SHAWROC It definitely feels like electronic/experimental/ambient music is more common in the OP-1 community, but in the last year or so there have been more hiphop heads joining in on the fun.

Here’s a playlist on YouTube full of gems in that 60s-80s era that I like to browse…lots of library records and odd soundtrack stuff.

Are you on YouTube or Instagram?

Nice Beattape, enjoying it right now!

@mixrasta appreciate that! Hope you enjoy it. @shawroc it’s starting to pop up a lot more

@SHAWROC It definitely feels like electronic/experimental/ambient music is more common in the OP-1 community, but in the last year or so there have been more hiphop heads joining in on the fun.

Here's a playlist on YouTube full of gems in that 60s-80s era that I like to browse...lots of library records and odd soundtrack stuff.

Are you on YouTube or Instagram?

Yeah I’ve noticed bro in fact I recognised your name coz I downloaded some of your kits before, the drums are perfect.

And nah afraid not I’ve yet to upload anything complete either, I’ll check out that library some time thanks for the link.

good stuff dude

Real nice sounds, @<a href=“https://www.operator-1.com/index.php?p=/profile/3473/Grumpysnorlax” class=“Username” style=“margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-weight: bold; font-size: 15px; font-family: “lucida grande”, “Lucida Sans Unicode”, tahoma, sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; text-decoration-line: none; color: rgb(66, 157, 168); background-color: rgb(252, 252, 255);”>Grumpysnorlax<span style=“color: rgb(37, 38, 30); font-family: “lucida grande”, “Lucida Sans Unicode”, tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(252, 252, 255);”>

Sweet! super chilled out listening to this