Chroma Caps. A must.

I’ll begin by saying that I’m in no way affiliated w/ the manufacturer of Chroma Caps. I just love them, and recommend them as the best accessory I’ve ever bought for the OP-1. Hands down. They make working w/ the encoders a real pleasure, especially when fine-adjusting sample start / end points, which seems to take forever. They’re cheap. You can outfit the unit for under $15. Do it. Now. :wink:

Look.

1 Like

They do look nice but they certainly are not cheap (for what they are).

One of my op knobs is cracked inside. When it gets too loose I’ll probably cop a set of these…

You’d have to use them to understand. For a total of $15, they make your OP-1 eminently more usable. Anyone that’s twirled the stock caps until their fingers were numb would see the value. If TE were selling them, they’d be $5 ea. A large cappuccino and a panini cost the same.

I have a set as well and they definitely make it feel better. They also fit under my decksaver cover. I have one on my volume knob also.

Which size /type are the best fit ? I’m thinking thin encoder for Vol and encoder on the rest? Is this correct ?thanks

Which size /type are the best fit ? I'm thinking thin encoder for Vol and encoder on the rest? Is this correct ?thanks

Encoders for the 4. I didn’t bother w/ the vol. knob.

Which size /type are the best fit ? I'm thinking thin encoder for Vol and encoder on the rest? Is this correct ?thanks

Encoders for the 4. I didn’t bother w/ the vol. knob.

Thanks!

They’re a great idea but I don’t like the shape. They look a bit tacky imo. I wish they’d make simple flat cylindrical caps like the ones on elektron gear… that way I could get red ones for my OT :smiley:

They're a great idea but I don't like the shape. They look a bit tacky imo. I wish they'd make simple flat cylindrical caps like the ones on elektron gear.. that way I could get red ones for my OT :D

I think they perfectly match the fun vibe of the device.

You’d have to use them to understand. For a total of $15, they make your OP-1 eminently more usable. Anyone that’s twirled the stock caps until their fingers were numb would see the value. If TE were selling them, they’d be $5 ea. A large cappuccino and a panini cost the same.

I guess. I did want to get a set for my OP-1 when I had it but because DJ Tech Tools is a US company it would have been the $15 plus another 15 for postage then I’d probably get hit with £10 import at UK customs.
Even buying from UK eBay or somewhere in Europe seemed a bit too much at the time.

They do look good on it though and I thoroughly agree with you that they match the fun vibe of the OP-1.

I guess. I did want to get a set for my OP-1 when I had it but because DJ Tech Tools is a US company it would have been the $15 plus another 15 for postage then I’d probably get hit with £10 import at UK customs.
Even buying from UK eBay or somewhere in Europe seemed a bit too much at the time.

They do look good on it though and I thoroughly agree with you that they match the fun vibe of the OP-1.

That’s a tough hit, w/ shipping etc.
If it’s any consolation, though, they feel great, and for the kind of use they’ll get (w/ the tedious sample fine-tune editing, where it feels like you’re spinning them for 10 min.), it really is a world of difference.

wait, im a little confused. what do they actually do?

wait, im a little confused. what do they actually do?

Just have a bit of a softer feel I guess?

They’re just knobs. I personally hate the way they look - others like them though!

I personally hate the way they look
+1 ...and CRANK won't fit anymore (I use it very often)
They're just knobs. I personally hate the way they look - others like them though!

If you are more focused on the synth aspects of the device, then they’re not a must. But if you’re more about editing samples, and the endless shift-green / white spinning involved w/ fine-tuning the I/O points, they’re about 100x more pleasant to use, and make the job much easier. There’s no escaping that. I swear by them.

I’m not crazy about the oversized look, but 6 knobs at <$12 shipped is a good deal. I ordered an extra encoder (neon orange) and a white super knob for volume.

same. ordered all new V2 encoders + glow V2 superknob for volume.

14,95,- €. they’ll last.

btw. the new V2 colors are more like the OP1 colors and overall reworked for better experience.

Not directly related, but DJTT’s USB cables are fantastic. So I would expect the quality of these to be as good.