OP-1 storage is full...

…and I can’t save snapshot patches though I see 80 MB free space when connecting it to PC. Do you have suggestions?

There is an arbitrary number of available slots for snapshots and samples that was set by TE.

Can’t recall how much exactly.
Chances are you’ve hit the limit, then it doesn’t matter how much space is left.

Oh. I wasn’t aware of that. This thread gives more info: https://www.operator-1.com/index.php?p=/discussion/1355/snapshots-is-full-i-dont-t-get-why.
Thanks.

also would just like to throw out there,

if u are deleting stuff in disk mode to remember to empty your trash/recycle bin afterwards while the op1 is still plugged in to your computer!!!

sometimes u delete it but it just sits there in the trash still taking up space on your op1.
also would just like to throw out there,
if u are deleting stuff in disk mode to remember to empty your trash/recycle bin afterwards while the op1 is still plugged in to your computer!!!

sometimes u delete it but it just sits there in the trash still taking up space on your op1.
I always use shift+del :) Thanks for the heads-up otherwise.

I don’t get why these limitations are there:

Max Synth Sampler patches = 42
Max Synth Synthesis patches = 100
Max Drum Patches = 42

It does seem rather arbitrary, (especially the synth patches since they’re tiny), but there’s probably a reason. Unfortunately the OS isn’t open source and AFAIK TE hasn’t said why these limits exist.

OP-1 has 512 MB storage and it seems to me that the OS is based on a sort of Linux/Android according to hidden folders on the flash drive. So it has to store the OS, all the presets as well as it has to reserve enough space to upload and then unpack a firmware update. So they may have calculated how many space was available for presets which they translated to limits on the number of presets can be stored on the device.

So, I guess you get it now? :slight_smile:

Maybe :slight_smile:

OP-1 has 512 MB storage and it seems to me that the OS is based on a sort of Linux/Android according to hidden folders on the flash drive. So it has to store the OS, all the presets as well as it has to reserve enough space to upload and then unpack a firmware update. So they may have calculated how many space was available for presets which they translated to limits on the number of presets can be stored on the device.

I still don’t really understand why sample synth/drumkit patches have to all be the same size, respectively. Truncating could potentially double the amount of samples I was able to carry in my OP1… Must be a tech reason I guess…

Loading time maybe?

If there’s a reason why I might get rid of my OP-1 it’s this issue. Not enough space to store samples.

After the factory samples and synth presets I seem to only be able to store these samples (see screenshot) Does it look right to you or am I doing something wrong?