My OP-1 is only exporting files in MONO

Hello!

i’m new here. sorry if this is a stupid question but shouldn’t i be able to export files in stereo?

thanks!

The only stereo file you can export will be in the "album."

Everything on a tape track is mono.

I think the question to ask you is, “Which files are you exporting?”

i guess i didn’t even realize that each sound was mono until i dragged them into a DAW :frowning:

is that right?

is that right?

i guess i didn’t even realize that each sound was mono until i dragged them into a DAW :frowning:

Yes. Your tape tracks are mono. Remember that effects on the OP1 are ALL mono except for the master effects. If you want a stereo sound, you’ll want to record straight to the DAW using the master effects.

Honestly, if I want a stereo sound out of a tape track after it’s in a DAW, I’ll double it, hard pan, and slightly vary a thing (usually the reverb send it’s going to, or variations of a chorus effect)

Came back to say that there are some really cool stereo tape tricks from @millbastard and @motone from Battle 47:

https://www.operator-1.com/index.php?p=/discussion/3513/battle-47-a-linguistic-approach-to-ˈmjuzɪk-vote#latest

I’m recording the OP-1 output using the out jack through minifuse2 into DAW. I’m using stereo panning, however, the stereo sound in the DAW has two identical tracks. How come I can hear stereo panning through headphones connected to OP-1 out jack and it doesn’t get to my DAW?