Firmware 225?

Hi, new here, wondering if anyone has anything to report on firmware 225?

Still hesitating, my OP-1 works fine with 218.

Installed it just now. Ran into a few problems with speaker volume increasing gradually, not sure if this is coincidental, then some really weird glitches. Now doing more checks. Maybe should have wiped it and restored it, rather than installing over the old firmware.

edit: used ‘factory reset’ and it crashed multiple times while recreating its own files, finally froze there and I redid ‘factory reset’ from scratch. Must say for a perfectly functional OP1 till yesterday, this isn’t anything I’m too fond of.

edit2: didn’t resolve my volume issues, but am now experiencing random reboots and after restarting it thinks I have the headphones plugged in. :frowning: first edition OP1

edit3: reformatted and re-uploaded firmware. keeps skipping bootloader 213. Cosmic ray vibes :expressionless: no more crashes for now.

No, no, no. Won’t update mine. Works fine with 218. Also, @eesn 's story is more than discouraging.

Worth pointing out that on the back of a pretty terrible heatwave I had my OP1 endure, it has has been through a number of airport scanners recently, and I’ve noticed that every time I go through these, I come out charged with static electricity way much more than before. Also was deliberately being a fool and installed the OS over an earlier (beta) firmware, so all in all I expected something to happen, just didn’t expect the random crashes. Regarding the speaker - none of this happens on the line out, so if there’s a capacitor somewhere in the chain of the speaker it could well be that it hasn’t coped very well in the heat. I mean I could go on attributing these issues to various things, but it still wasn’t a very pleasant experience. There are so many fixes in this build, I wouldn’t miss this update.

Where are you getting the patches and infos about the bug fixes?

@aeoner have been sending bug-reports to TE

Wow, new official firmware? It hasn’t been announced.

it’s a smoothing one. in my opinion it gives a more responsive knob movement in switch mode (small increments) and the graphics are more stable now.

…but I’ve found a bug. you may recreate it by recording a little synth stab to tape, let it play and when you now switch from synth to drums and vice versa the audio gets corrupted.

it feels like the update of the screen causes the issue.

I’ve done a factory reset, fresh install of 225.

emailed TE.

after changing the synth and drum presets i think it was just the patch that sounded harsh by switching to it.

it works as expected, no more alarm.

Updating from 218 to 225 bricked mine. I’ve been charging it with an external supply for 24+ hours with no LED response. Will report back if anything changes.

Still on the last public beta here. Bit sketched out to update after hearing of issues… Hope yours comes back to life @minorscience

Shame this update didn’t see all/some of the hidden stuff made public that everyone now knows is lurking in the OS :frowning:

Was hoping for a little shot in the arm from TE as pretty close to selling my Op1 at moment but have a feeling I’d regret it…

Nothing has changed, unfortunately. Writing to TE for support.

I bought a new op1 about 3 weeks ago. It came with 213 and updating to 218 bricked it. TE sent me the 220 patch to fix that but I updated to 225 as soon as that came out.

Being new to it I don’t know what’s not working as expected but it seems pretty stable. I only saw crashes when switching to a sample that I had imported, which must have been bad.

I’m having inconsistent results when trying to copy from tape clips into synth and drum tracks. Seems like no matter how short they are something is getting trimmed on one or both sides each time and the playback never sounds as good as the original clip from tape.

Also, sampling sorta seems to be not working like I had expected it would (or like I’ve seen in videos). Either I’m doing it wrong or there’s some minor problem there. Sampling from ear is iffy. Sampling from the built in mic didn’t work the last time I tried (lowered the threshold all the way down). Tried sampling from iPhone out to line in but think I have the Wrong aux (3.5 stereo TRS on each end). Didn’t work

You’ve got the right cable I believe.
When leaving the mic menu after selecting source - it turns off mic when returning to the other page (tape etc) so an extra press of mic to switch it on is needed. Maybe its this?

I'm having inconsistent results when trying to copy from tape clips into synth and drum tracks. Seems like no matter how short they are something is getting trimmed on one or both sides each time and the playback never sounds as good as the original clip from tape.

Also, sampling sorta seems to be not working like I had expected it would (or like I’ve seen in videos). Either I’m doing it wrong or there’s some minor problem there. Sampling from ear is iffy. Sampling from the built in mic didn’t work the last time I tried (lowered the threshold all the way down). Tried sampling from iPhone out to line in but think I have the Wrong aux (3.5 stereo TRS on each end). Didn’t work

Expectations/perceptions -based problems like these are not guaranteed to apply to everyone else. If you were report bugs, you’d have to specifically list steps to replicate, the expected and actual results, and it’s good that terms like “good” and “iffy” stop being applicable; only measurable specifics work.

My OP1 has been fine since the 225 update, after the initial issues I had. 225 really must have disagreed with a lot of things I had accumulated from leaked beta, 218, 218+iter/filter, 22x betas, enough to require a full wipe + reset. I still won’t know what it was, only that it all works as expected now, plus a few annoying bugs fixed.

I’m still on 218 and happy with it. And based on what happened to @minorscience , it’s kinda granted that 225 would also brick my OP-1. Seeing how focused TE on the coming-soon OP-Z is, I don’t think we should expect new features for the OP-1 anytime soon, if ever.

You've got the right cable I believe. When leaving the mic menu after selecting source - it turns off mic when returning to the other page (tape etc) so an extra press of mic to switch it on is needed. Maybe its this?

That’s it! Thanks.

Now if only I could reverse that to send audio to iPhone.

You can’t with a simple cable… sorry…
i do it with an audio interface( behringer uca222) and the Apple cable cck (camera connection kit).
I believe you can do it with the Roland go mixer too.

You've got the right cable I believe. When leaving the mic menu after selecting source - it turns off mic when returning to the other page (tape etc) so an extra press of mic to switch it on is needed. Maybe its this?

That’s it! Thanks.

Now if only I could reverse that to send audio to iPhone.

You can't with a simple cable... sorry... i do it with an audio interface( behringer uca222) and the Apple cable cck (camera connection kit). I believe you can do it with the Roland go mixer too.

you could, maybe, with a 4 pin jack, cable, and disabling the auto-leveler in iOS. recent software allows you to do that. mono only tho

I'm having inconsistent results when trying to copy from tape clips into synth and drum tracks. Seems like no matter how short they are something is getting trimmed on one or both sides each time and the playback never sounds as good as the original clip from tape.

Expectations/perceptions -based problems like these are not guaranteed to apply to everyone else. If you were report bugs, you’d have to specifically list steps to replicate, the expected and actual results, and it’s good that terms like “good” and “iffy” stop being applicable; only measurable specifics work.

My OP1 has been fine since the 225 update, after the initial issues I had. 225 really must have disagreed with a lot of things I had accumulated from leaked beta, 218, 218+iter/filter, 22x betas, enough to require a full wipe + reset. I still won’t know what it was, only that it all works as expected now, plus a few annoying bugs fixed.

So, the SPP/sync issues have been solved now?

I have been following your posts and I myself do many of these tests

Do you think one can use the OP-1 both as master and slave without issues now?