PO-20 & PO-28 linked and vollume issues

Hi

New here and to the PO’s and have bumped into a little issue with volumes when linking them.
It seems that the PO-20 is having a much higher output volume so it is hard to get a balance between the devices when linking them. Have tried shifting order and fideling with the volumes on the devices but cant get the balance right. It could have been easier if tie PO’s only did pass through of audio from previous device but the input volume seems to be even more amplified by the last device in the chain making int more difficult to get a good balance between them.

Any good advice on how to solve this? Or is the solution to break os sound from each device to a mixer in mono instead = less mobility?

I’ve had this same problem, with all combinations though. I have almost all of the PO’s and this is very difficult to set without a mixer.

Of course, if you are able to split the signal into sync/mono into a mixer and synchronization, you are able to set it fine…

That's probably how I will solve it. But in one way it destroys the ultra portable guerrilla session mode I'd like to use them in :). But hey I can live with that.

One of @darenager’s mixers won’t impact the portability.

CB

This chart is also useful:
https://www.operator-1.com/index.php?p=/discussion/2599/po-volume-and-sync-cheat-sheet-wallpaper#latest

CB

Thanks for the link.

I also jumped into building a a little sum+split box just for my PO so that i handle sound and sync in the same small thingie and don’t need any split cables. Lets see how that turns out :slight_smile: