How do I map OP-1 keys to persistently toggle buttons On/Off in Ableton?

EDIT: Since I'm experiencing this issue in other DAWs than Ableton (e.g. Renoise), and I can't find a way to delete a post, I've made a new post reflecting the issue in a general perspective, in multiple DAWs: https://www.operator-1.com/index.php?p=/discussion/3532/midi-mapping-op-1-major-issue-with-momentary-action-please-help

--- old question below … please refer to new post above ---

Not sure if this is an Ableton or OP-1 issue, but I'm trying to map OP-1 keys to common buttons in Ableton. The problem is that the mappings only work momentarily: when releasing the OP-1 key, the switch goes back to previous state in Ableton.

Let's say I want to map OP-1's Orange Encoder Button to a Device On/Off switch in Ableton. How do I accomplish that, in such way that the switch toggles on/off instead of just momentarily doing it while holding down the OP-1 key?

Any help appreciated.

TL;DR.

- I don't use any control surface script for OP-1 and thus have no Control Surface settings enabled for it.
- In MIDI Ports, I have Input: OP-1 Midi Device set to Track On | Sync Off | Remote Off
- In MIDI Ports, I have Output: OP-1 Midi Device set to Track Off | Sync Off | Remote Off