Ableton Script

Hi gang,

Been trying to get the OP-1 to work with Ableton running the little script with no success.

The script is installed successfully as I can select the OP-1 as a midi control from Live’s preferences (9.7.3)
I also select the correct Midi from and Midi to ports and my OP-1 is in CTRL via the Shift + Com function.

Regardless of whether or not the OP-1 is selected in the controller settings in Live’s preferences, I can trigger notes in my drum rack or any other software instrument (the same way plugging in any USB compatible device will work with no further settings required).

Following the instructions and selecting the OP-1 as a controller, I notice the red strip appears in Live’s session view showing me the script is active and running. But - away from triggering notes (as in plain USB mode/CTRL mode), none of the additional features work.

I’m sure it’s something trivial but I cannot seem to figure it out.
It’s worth pointing out the the OP-1 is connected to an iConnectMidi4+ via a USB hub but the settings are correct as I can trigger instruments.

Any help would be most appreciated.
Cheers gang!

Niko

Screen Shot 2017-07-06 at 10.13.13
Screen Shot 2017-07-06 at 10.13.28

Mine works fine. What I would try is to directly connect to your computer with the OP-1 first to eliminate the iConnectMIDI as a source of the problem. I will check my setting shortly to see how I have mine set up and report back.

Just noticed that I am still on 9.7.2. Will update and get back to you.

I noticed in my setting though, that I have the remote button on and sync button off (as well as the track button on) for mine and that might be what you are having problems with.

Update: Yup, works great with 9.7.3 on the Mac version. Haven’t tried Windows yet.

Screen Shot2017-07-06 10_51_16

MIDI Channel on OP-1 … set to 1

yup got it working guys thank you!

great you have it working!
btw you should use updated version, official release has a couple of bugs that prevent OP1 from working properly when you use track groups or use special characters in the track name.