OP1: sounds like one of output channels just died (SOLVED)

I’ve had my OP-1 for a little over 3 years and guess I can consider myself a lucky bastard for not having any major issues…until today. Sounds like I lost one of the output channels on the audio out port. I have the OP-1 usually hooked with the CT5 pedal and use a mono cable. This morning everything was fine but now I get very faint, almos no audio out with this setup. Tested it with a stereo Y-cable and it confirms that one channel is dead. I can still use the OP-1 with the stereo Y-cable going into a mono input on the mixer or panning a stereo channel hard but I’m worried that it’s just a question of time until the other channel dies too. Because this sounds like a hardware issue and I don’t think reinstalling the firmware would help here. What do you guys think? Is this the good old I/O board problem? Am I in for a repair? Any hints or advice will be appreciated.
Thanks, Gabor

OK, maybe I cried wolf a little too early. Glad to report that I did a factory reset and now my OP-1 is back on the stereo track. I decided to give this a try because after removing the i/o board’s cover I saw issues, no loose solderings or anything. It worked and me happy now. :slight_smile:

Happy for you !

Dumb question : did you try after reassembling but before the reset ? Just to be sure that the solution was the reset…

Happy for you !

Dumb question : did you try after reassembling but before the reset ? Just to be sure that the solution was the reset…

Yes, I did try the audio out after removing the i/o board’s cover. It was the same single-channel sound and when I touched the audio out connector to see if it got maybe loose some thundering white noise came on and it persisted in the built-in speaker after I removed the cable. It scared the sh*t out of me. Switching the OP-1 off and on solved this problem and I got back the one-sided audio. At this point I decided to do the reset.

Was about to say,

"I don’t think reinstalling the firmware would help here"
seemed like a presumption just asking to be proven wrong…

nice that it’s all fixed