Here are the rules for our brandnew battle:
Since I have studied linguistics, I have always been interested in our articulatory organs and the way phonetic sounds are formed.
The Pink Trombone (http://dood.al/pinktrombone
) is actually a synthesizer that simulates our articulatory organs and gives you organic tools to manipulate the sound - according to the possibilities we have in our mouth to change phonetic sounds. These include the tongue, the lips, nasal cavity, the palate and the throat with the vocal chords. This provides the possibility to form any vowel or consonant you wish (I can even make it say OP-1 xD).
1. All (melodic/tonal) sounds have to be created using this "linguistic" tool - The Pink Trombone - http://dood.al/pinktrombone
2. All drum sounds have to be created using only your mouth or/and voice.
3. You have to play a solo using Pink Trombone in one part of your track.
4. Make a picture for your track using the sketch sequencer (still love that idea)
5. Use this site to transcribe your track title in the international phonetic alphabet (IPA): http://lingorado.com/ipa/
Using external gear like reverb-pedals etc. is OK. However, all sampling, mixing and mastering has to be done on the OP-1 - no DAWs!
Deadline for entries is the 30th of June!
Here is a short video to see what the pink trombone actually does:
Have fun and enjoy!
(hæv fʌn ænd ɛnˈʤɔɪ)