Naming your OP-1

Hey everyone,

Am I the only one who names his musical instruments or do you guys do that too? I named my piano Ella (after Fitzgerald) and am trying to find a name for my OP-1.
Any suggestions?

I’ve been trying to come up with one for my OP-1, too, but it turns out to be impossible to find a suitable name for this beautiful machine. Besides, I love the name OP-1 itself.

Most obvious name would be “Kenopi” I guess.

Mine is called “OP-1” as well, because it fits it. No surname for my gear ^^
My tracks get names, though.

I refer to it often simply as “My OP1” …you know, just incase there’s confusion as to who’s going home with it. I might have other issues…

dirk diggler?

My first guitar - an Epiphone LP100 - was called Eva. Name came from the precedent owner. I sold her couple of years ago to a friend after something like 20 years of service, and my friend is still calling her Eva. What a great destiny for a modest guitar :slight_smile:

opee dopee

Hey, I don’t name my instruments, but I like the idea :slight_smile:

However, I name some of my plants.

OP-1 is “My OP-1” as @mrbernard says upper :). But I should call him “Cassette” (or K7), it fits pretty well

Most obvious name would be "Kenopi" I guess.

Mine is called "OP-1" as well, because it fits it. No surname for my gear ^^
My tracks get names, though.

Nice

I refer to it often simply as “My OP1” …you know, just incase there’s confusion as to who’s going home with it. I might have other issues…

Also yeah OP-1 is pretty cool as well, has these R2D2 Vibes

Hmmm… have never thought about this… but… I might want to call my OP-1 ‘The White Swede’ … and the Nord Drum ‘The Red Swede’ … :wink:

Mine’s names ‘OP Cunningham’

…or was this for the jokes thread (shrugs)

=]

“My Precious!” grunting

Mine is named “OP-Juan”

OK names for your OP-1…

LapTap
Grey Rectangle of Musics
Axe
OPlele
Alumusic
Minus of Musics
Dashsounds
Portasounds
Loobeats
Not Bagpipes

The following are just bitter names because I don’t have mine yet. Ignore me.
Backorder of Whenever.
Imaginary OP-1
CGI Music Thingy
The Thing Everyone Else Has Except Me
Ope he gets 1

(sniff)

LOL

Every time I say something like “I was doing this thing with the op-1…” My wife will immediately say Kenobi in a robotesque voice.

Mine is officially named opfun. When I mount the drive it comes up as such.

Willy Wanka Space Machine.

I call mine The Grey Lensman. It’s crazy powerful and universal yet attuned to each individual that is chosen to bear one. I’m also a frickin insane Sci-Fi geek. LMAO