If the op1 was only the sequencers ...

… it would still be a classic.

the fun of using it and the oplab to sequence external machines is SO much fun … nothing is quicker and more creative for making sequences that i have found … others are deeper for sure but op1 is so playful …

an arp to moog voyager thru oto machines bam …

droooollllllll :slight_smile:

Too bad they quit making the oplab and they are hard to find! Would love to hear and see some of the things you’ve been using it for!

Too bad they quit making the oplab and they are hard to find! Would love to hear and see some of the things you've been using it for!

Can still use any midi USB host box!

So if you hook the OP-1 up to something (like a moog Sub Phatty for example) via a Midi host, can you make the moog sequence through the OP-1 sequencers?

So if you hook the OP-1 up to something (like a moog Sub Phatty for example) via a Midi host, can you make the moog sequence through the OP-1 sequencers?

yup yup!

I dunno, the sampler aspect of the OP-1 as well as it’s immediacy for actually laying down 4 tracks is what I love about it. It’s a full package for me.

yup yup!

I was wondering about that…maybe I shouldn’t sell my Moog after all. I need to start messing with that! So will the sound output out of the Moog or out of the OP-1? If I want to record the sequence into the OP-1 I would have to run the Moog output back into the OP-1, correct?

Sorry if I’m hijacking this thread…I’ve been meaning to ask this question for a while.

hey no problem - this is exactly the aspect i thought it would be cool to talk about …

i’ll make a little sequence later and stick up a video …

the midi from the op1 through whatever you wanna use to convert ( in my case oplab - could be whatever) into the moog …

the sound will come simutaneously from op1 and moog :slight_smile:

major fun ensues - don’t sell yr moog hah …

also jjbbllkk yeah totally - sampler is super fun, just i feel the sequencer aspect with other machines is something that is not touched upon a whole lot and it makes the op1 so much more powerful imo …

it’s a deep little classic of a machine …

Rich

hey no problem - this is exactly the aspect i thought it would be cool to talk about ..

i'll make a little sequence later and stick up a video ...

the midi from the op1 through whatever you wanna use to convert ( in my case oplab - could be whatever) into the moog ..

the sound will come simutaneously from op1 and moog :)

major fun ensues - don't sell yr moog hah ..

also jjbbllkk yeah totally - sampler is super fun, just i feel the sequencer aspect with other machines is something that is not touched upon a whole lot and it makes the op1 so much more powerful imo ...

it's a deep little classic of a machine ..

Rich

that is pretty awesome, and opens up a ton of other sound possibilities…excited to get out of work and play around! Would love ot see a little video of what you’ve been doing with it as well.

I do that a lot using the op-1 USB midi out to my Evolver (using iconnect4+). Making dual voice lines with digital grit and beefy analog sound, both playing the same sequence and playing with the op-1/evolver volume buttons to mix them together on the fly. The OP-1 arpegiator and endless sequencers are so expressive, I’m planning to use the op-1 this way a lot in a future live set.

I’ve wasted way too many pleasurable hours doin’ that. Don’t sell your Moog yet! :wink:

Here’s a live jam where the arp line was made that way: Tout savoir (Shiny Old Toys) by EL GRDNO | Free Listening on SoundCloud

I do that a lot using the op-1 USB midi out to my Evolver (using iconnect4+). Making dual voice lines with digital grit and beefy analog sound, both playing the same sequence and playing with the op-1/evolver volume buttons to mix them together on the fly. The OP-1 arpegiator and endless sequencers are so expressive, I'm planning to use the op-1 this way a lot in a future live set.

I've wasted way too many pleasurable hours doin' that. Don't sell your Moog yet! ;)

Here's a live jam where the arp line was made that way: https://soundcloud.com/elgredino/tout-savoir-shiny-old-toys

This sounds amazing dude … really beautiful and like you say … expressive …

Here’s a little mess i was doing earlier today just to text functionality … Op1 via oplab triggering solenoid motor in a spring reverb back in through koma field recording kit, and also triggering mother 32 …

it’s a whole world of fun out there… the op1 is the best …

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cu4iYEsERGw

Very cool guys!