INIT PATCHES

So its been really bugging me that there are no initial patches for the OP-1, but instead of pouting I decided to just sit down and make some mother fucking init patches. I tried to make them as basic setting as possible depending on the synth that meant setting things either all the way to zero or at 50% or what have you. Just something that felt like a starting point. Figured I’d share, hope you enjoy.

Cool :slight_smile: aren’t their init patches though? When you load via T1

I used the wrong “there”…

Devastated

1 Like
Cool :) aren't their init patches though? When you load via T1

I tried that but I didn’t find it to be a true init patch when you do that. Which is not to say I couldn’t have been doing it wrong, but for me, I want a really basic clean sound with all the extras turned off for an INIT. To me a sign wave start is like a blank canvas and from there any tweak is easily felt then built upon.

Anyway, if nothing else, I passed out a bunch of basic sounds, no harm there I guess.
I used the wrong "there"...

Devastated

I don’t see whey’re you did that

1 Like

So what is this init method via t1? How is this achieved?

Press Shift + T1 and select a synth engine instead of selecting a patch with shift + (1-8).

Press Shift + T1 and select a synth engine instead of selecting a patch with shift + (1-8).

But this doesn’t reset the parameters to zero, does it?

It seems that it returns each synth engine to a default setting, but it’s pretty far from having all parameters at zero.

Yes, so Shift+T1 only initializes the current patch back to that patches original setting, but it doesn’t give you a true INIT patch, which is basically a really basic starting point patch. That is why I created the INIT patches above. Did anyone try them? Thoughts? My cool patch creation production has really jumped since I started using them.

Another thing I noticed, you guys probably already know this, but if you make a folder named after a synth engine, anything you put in that folder will be put right into the synth engine folder on the op-1. That is why I labeled all my tracks starting with a 0, so it would appear at the top of the list for each engine.

Just copied them to my unit, but testing these will take a while. I’ll look to them when I’m off work.

@<a href=“https://www.operator-1.com/index.php?p=/profile/3275/zerolous” class=“Username” style=“margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-weight: bold; font-size: 15px; font-family: “lucida grande”, “Lucida Sans Unicode”, tahoma, sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; text-decoration-line: none; color: rgb(66, 157, 168); background-color: rgb(252, 252, 255);”>zerolous Hey! I just got through testing these out and wanted to say thanks! These are really handy to have. It’s great for getting a general feel of what each synths base sounds like before building a patch. Awesome work. One request, would you be willing to add in an init patch for iter?

More info on iter here

This is cool :slight_smile: I get it now

Hi, thanks for your work! I can’t figure out though where to download or get your init patches? Help is highly appreciated! Cheers

Shift + T1 is used for changing the Synth engine only but not the settings of the fx, lfo and envelope.