I dug into the sources of the control surface plugin for Ableton and made some improvements in the Transport section. It adds better control of song playback and seek and it may help those of you, who find yourself often in an arrangement mode of Live.
How to install: download/clone the repository into C:\ProgramData\Ableton\Live 9 Suite\Resources\MIDI Remote Scripts\OP1 and restart Ableton. Then go to the settings, connect your OP1 and set control surface for it. (on Mac it should be similar)
What is new:
- OP1 can now control transport params of Ableton in "transport mode" (tape)
- shift + arrows jumps to next/previous marker
- lift button sets/unsets a marker
- shift+lift hides/shows the browser
- blue encoder scrubs the tape (even while playing)
- green encoder changes quantization parameters
- white encoder moves the play position and makes a selection while pressed
- shift + play plays a selection (if there is one)
- shift + loop in sets the beggining of the loop to the current play position
- screen now displays play state, quantization and BPM
I may add more improvements, the original code isn't the most beautiful one, but it works.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please let me know.