Jack direct out vs tape quality

Basically how good quality is the audio out, was thinking of recording audio direct to daw on the iPhone? Whilst using korg gadget as an extra synth source

It’s great, if you just export the tape files, you won’t get the master comp which is juicy.

Yea but I was thinking of not using a pc at all, just basically playing the op1 either via the tape or live and straight onto my audiointerface and into the iPhone and record into multitrack DAW…or even record direct into korg gadget when I can have more control over the tracks from op1

analog out is noisy, compared to the files. you can get the master compressor if you record to album first. but, definitely usable.

I record stuff directly into iPhone for jamming, to see how the arrangement could be, etc.
When I want better quality and don’t want to miss the master compressor: I place a drum sound with a sharp transient on the beginning of every track, record each track solo to album and then export it to iPhone (via mobilelite)
The sharp transient helps me to cut the audio very easy in audioshare.

I record stuff directly into iPhone for jamming, to see how the arrangement could be, etc. When I want better quality and don't want to miss the master compressor: I place a drum sound with a sharp transient on the beginning of every track, record each track solo to album and then export it to iPhone (via mobilelite) The sharp transient helps me to cut the audio very easy in audioshare.
It's great, if you just export the tape files, you won't get the master comp which is juicy.

That goddamn master comp is one of the best things about the OP-1. I can spend hours mastering and still not get quite the same awesome punch I get from that.

It's great, if you just export the tape files, you won't get the master comp which is juicy.

That goddamn master comp is one of the best things about the OP-1. I can spend hours mastering and still not get quite the same awesome punch I get from that.

Got a “go-to” setting?

Got a “go-to” setting?

Depends on the track, honestly. I don’t normally go above 90 for the drive itself. Longer release times will mitigate the eventual distortion of pushing drive up a ton. Around 40 for drive and a release of about 30 can be a decent place to start.

+1 40/30. i use 30/30

+1 40/30. i use 30/30

It’s magic!

img

×D

anyone notice on the OP1 manual it shows a pic of the release at 1300, even though it’s only capable of 300? I like to think it’s just a little TE easter egg. Dem crazy swedes