Anyone good with MIDI scripting stuff?

Hey pals,

I was gonna post this in my other ableton thread, but it seemed off topic…

In a nutshell, I’m trying to setup what I consider to be a pretty straightforward midi controller customisation on my apc40mk2… I want the pad leds to light up (ideally different colours for different functions for the Looper to indicate record/play/overdub…).

I’ve posted over on le ableton forum, but it’s kinda dead there and not a lot of help, so thought I’d try my luck here…

I prefer to use the auto-mapped behaviour for most of the APC, but there are just a couple of columns of pads I wanted to hijack… I’m guessing this might be more of a pain…

I’ve looked around le Google, but it looks like there is scripts for almost every other popular controller under the sun, but apc40 got left out somehow…

If this is the kind of thing you know about, tell it to me straight, doc: should I just use another controller which is better suited? I’m happy to get a small additional controller, and then figure out if I should ditch the apc40mk2, and be rid of its insistently lengthy, already an acronym type name, along with its seemingly neglected, scriptless butt for good :stuck_out_tongue:

I only bought it in the first place cause I was in a time crunch, and guitar center had this as the only option with knobs and faders that I needed…

PS. I have push 2… Could try to use user mode for this if it’s a billion times easier, but I’m hoping to use the APC, cause I already have it, and I like the crossfader, and used to its other feels, plus really hoping to keep push for its default mode.

Let me know if I’m thinking about this all wrong.

Thanks for any and all help <3