OP-1 EVERYTHING Sounds Muffled?

hey guys,

weird thing happened to my OP-1 yesterday

although it hadn't been used in a couple weeks, it had been in it's case, in my backpack, carried to work daily. last night i turned it on to use and all sounds were as if there was a strong Low Pass Filter over it-- really muffled, really low, barely audible. ALL sounds - the tape, every instrument (drum & synth). powering it OFF & ON didn't help.. same dice. I checked & double checked if i had effects 'ON' and nothing was on. (That being said, even if effects were on, that same inaudible muffled sound shouldn't be uniform over all sounds?). long story short, i had to perform a factory reset and lost everything on tape.

has anybody else experienced this? googled and found nothing. running latest OS 218.

Did your check the Master FX and EQ (mixer pages 2 and 3)?

1 Like
Did your check the Master FX and EQ (mixer pages 2 and 3)?

yeh I did bro. master FX off… EQ as normal

as mentioned… even previewing new drums/synths… all were super muffled!?!

What are you monitoring through? Headphones? Speakers? Internal speaker?

Just to be sure: By “EQ as normal” you mean the arrow to the right points directly at “Clean”, right?

Also, am I correct in understanding that the Factory Reset solved your problem?

1 Like

guess you could’ve backed up your tape using the disk mode before doing the Factory Reset…

hey guys thanks for replies

What are you monitoring through? Headphones? Speakers? Internal speaker?

tried all… internal, headphones, line out to monitors… same dice

Just to be sure: By “EQ as normal” you mean the arrow to the right points directly at “Clean”, right?

Also, am I correct in understanding that the Factory Reset solved your problem?

yeh man, sorry shouldve made that clear. and yes, factory reset (thankfully) has brought her back to normal w/ a blank tape and no custom kits. no biggie… I’m just glad its fine

guess you could’ve backed up your tape using the disk mode before doing the Factory Reset…

yeh probably man… tbh my priority wasn’t tape at that point, it was getting it to sound normal! lesson learned tho… will back up regularly.

1 Like