Invisible Takes and Random Take Lifting

Hey guys,

Just wanted to know, if this is happening to you in a regular basis, too:

My OP-1 is just about two weeks old now. In tape Mode, when I hold shift and press lift to copy a whole section, the op-1 randomly also lifts a take (just one) which is left or right from the section I want to lift. If I paste, only the lifted part is pasted and the additional, randomly lifted take is just gone.
Also, I sometimes have empty sections (no graphic representation of the takes), but the sound is still there - I only can’t lift this section or the single takes anymore…

Is that a common issue? Any ideas how to solve this?

Thanks in advance!

Yeh this stuff randomly happens. Pretty sketchy fundamentals on OP1 in some areas really but so far hasn’t been enough to be a dealbreaker.

(deleted)

The audible but empty section is annoying and there doesn’t seem to be a real reason behind this.

Whenever I shift+lift I make sure I always trim all the tracks, beginning and end, so that all segments are the same length. I just hit stop (to go to start of loop point), then switch through all 4 tracks, hitting the scissors key each time. Then shift+> to the end of my loop, repeat the same for the end. Takes about 5 seconds, and I haven’t had any issues with accidental lifts or uneven/imperfect loops since!

Strange, but if it does the trick… Thanks a lot! I’ll try that!