Brand New OP1... not working

Hey guys. I’m new to the forum so this is my first post.

I ordered an OP-1 a couple of weeks ago and have just got home to open it. However, it’s not turning on and it’s not charging either. I’ve tried a different cable and it’s the same issue so it’s not the cable. Anyone got any ideas? Cheers

With a drained battery there might be no sign of charging for some time after connecting to a charger. Just let it charge for some hours, and be sure to use a proper USB charger.

With a drained battery there might be no sign of charging for some time after connecting to a charger. Just let it charge for some hours, and be sure to use a proper USB charger.

Been on charge for nearly 7 hours and still not a sign of life! This is pretty poor from TE as I ordered from them directly…

That sucks. Lettuce know how you go w/ it.

I understand it’s not turning on…is there anything happening at all when you turn the unit on while holding down the COM button? If so, try re-uploading the firmware. And keep it on charge for as long as possible and try charging with the official TE cable connected to your computer as well.

When powered on, can you hear a tiny buzz sound from the speaker?

Did you switch it on with the USB cable still connected? If so, disconnect first, then switch on.

If that doesn’t work: Unplug it. Switch on. Then connect charger and let it charge for some hours while switch still set to on (this is part of the battery recalibration procedure). Then unplug again. Toggle power switch.

When powered on, can you hear a tiny buzz sound from the speaker?

Did you switch it on with the USB cable still connected? If so, disconnect first, then switch on.

If that doesn’t work: Unplug it. Switch on. Then connect charger and let it charge for some hours while switch still set to on (this is part of the battery recalibration procedure). Then unplug again. Toggle power switch.

There is a little buzz sound so it makes me think there is some life in it.

Will try all these things and report back - thanks!

SOLVED! Had to reupload the firmware, thanks @5StarNomad and all, I now have a working machine!

Boom :slight_smile: