OP1 DIY Case = $0.00

Hello all! I made a case for the OP1 and thought I’d share. If you’d like to do something similar, you just need cardboard, tape (I used gaff tape because it’s durable and looks nice), foam, adhesive, and a little patience. I think the pictures should explain the process pretty well on their own. Now I just need to find a rubber band to keep it together when moving it about. FWIW, I did this at work. Took less than an hour :slight_smile:

I used a glue gun to attach the foam, and an exacto knife to get the holes cut in the foam.

If you’ve made a case for your OP1, I’d love to see it! What choo got?

My wife made me this gig bag out of a MacBook Air 11 sleeve she had previously made me for carrying in my messenger bag. I have travelled with this in my current Peak Design Everyday Messenger Bag several times and it’s done great! I am considering a hard case for my future but for now, this keeps it dust free and protected inside my EDM. It’s made from some scraps of upholstery fabric and an old pair of levis! Reuse, Recycle, Renew!

Nice! @flyingace71, yours reminds me the one I get with my OP-1 when I bought it second hand. It was made by the grandmother of the precedent owner, you can see somewhere on this page: https://operator-1.com/index.php?p=/discussion/130/cases-for-op-1/p3
(btw you might wanna add your cases to the already long list on this thread :slight_smile: )

That’s really nice! I will put some thought into adding a pocket like that to the case I made, for earbuds and whatnot. Looks really good though!

My wife made me this gig bag out of a MacBook Air 11 sleeve she had previously made me for carrying in my messenger bag. I have travelled with this in my current Peak Design Everyday Messenger Bag several times and it's done great! I am considering a hard case for my future but for now, this keeps it dust free and protected inside my EDM. It's made from some scraps of upholstery fabric and an old pair of levis! Reuse, Recycle, Renew!

I just discovered that if you are looking for a durable type of cardboard, the old Leitz folders are provide a cheap source of durable material. I cuttend up an old one mad of paper but the newer ones also use plastic. But you probably want the paper cardboard type
https://www.amazon.de/Leitz-10505015-Qualitäts-Ordner-Wolkenmarmor-Papier-Rückenbreite/dp/B000KJNYBS