Temporary Gear Swap?

Anyone ever tried doing this online? Say one person has a machine drum and another has a tempest, and both owners arrange a temporary trade, just to try it out?

Ive been wanting to spend some time with a machine drum or a rytm, but I can’t really focus in the shop, and I live 70 miles away from the nearest one.

I just think it would be nice to try out a piece of gear for a week or so without having to buy and sell stuff. I admit I’d be pretty hesitant to ship my tempest off, but it’s definitely something I would try if it was someone I knew and trusted irl. If it worked out online, if there was a method of mutual accountability, it seems like it would solve a lot of issues of buyer’s regret.

On BaxShop, there is a 60-days trial deal where you can actually buy some gear online, test the gear and send it back if it’s not OK (as long as you send it back in perfect condition aka you could buy it again in such condition).

That’s a good tip. They wouldn’t ship to Australia, though right? :’(

Crap, there’s no Lifeforms on Bax :frowning:

On BaxShop, there is a 60-days trial deal where you can actually buy some gear online, test the gear and send it back if it's not OK (as long as you send it back in perfect condition aka you could buy it again in such condition).

Thats cool so long as they’re legit on listing returned items as ‘used’ with a little discount. Feels like half the stuff I buy online has already been used/worn in a little :confused:

You’re right.

But if you receive such item, you’re entitled to ask for a 10% discount or to get a new one.
Happened to me twice with Thomann.
You're right.
But if you receive such item, you're entitled to ask for a 10% discount or to get a new one.
Happened to me twice with Thomann.

Yeah all good :slight_smile: thanks for heads up on the bax policy. Cancelled my mpc pre-order cos of some £ issues. Might grab it from Bax when I cop one. Heard a lot of bad feeling/complaints about Akai products…

I have a friend who lives in Ann Arbor, and the list of musical instruments they can check out from the library is unreal: http://www.aadl.org/musictools

I think that Red Dog Music in the UK do a similar thing where they’ll let you buy something in store and take it home to see how you gel with it and can return. Sure a lot of stores would do this if you are a regular.

I have a friend who lives in Ann Arbor, and the list of musical instruments they can check out from the library is unreal: http://www.aadl.org/musictools

Wow! Very cool library…

Wow

I have been thinking the same thing for a while. Me and an aquiantance were on the verge of swapping an MPC and a Sherman Filterbank. The deal went back and forth for ages when all we both really wanted to do was check out the goods with our setup. I’m sure this is the case for many aspiring and veteran musicians across the world.
I guess the logistics of it all to become a business would be exhaustive but for the people who really look after there stuff and are honorable citizens it would work! I don’t have the desire or acumen to carry out such a project but 'cor blimey I’d use it!