It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Welcome to Battle 45! Hosted by @Edzilla and myself.
My birthday is coming up, so I thought we’d use that as a loose theme for this battle.
First, let’s have some numbers fun, inspired by the “Answers” battle.
Write out your birthday in the following format: day + month.
e.g. my Birthday is: seventh march.
Add up the amount of letters in the first word (seventh= 7) and the second (march= 5)
These numbers together become your tempo - mine is 75.
Next, add the numbers together (e.g. 7+5= 12). Write your numbers in a post below - e.g. 75, 12 would be mine. If your tempo is faster - like twentyseventh (13) december (8), making a tempo of 138 - then add up the numbers like so: 1+3+8= 12
Using the added-up number, you will be assigned a “trick” from the “OP-1 Tips and Tricks” thread. This battle is also about using some of the techniques from the thread to develop some new sounds and extend our OP1 skills - hopefully to achieve the best results possible.
Using your added-up number (mine being 12), refer to the following table to determine your “trick”
https://www.operator-1.com/index.php?p=/discussion/67/op-1-tips-and-tricks/p2 (3rd from bottom post on p2)
Now, the rules!
1. Your “trick” needs to be applied in an obvious way through some of your piece so that it can be easily identified.
2. Using the built-in mic, create a sound that references birthdays - this could be you singing “happy birthday”, lighting a candle, or ripping up wrapping paper. Use your imagination. You can apply your required “trick” to this sound if you wish.
3. Draw a birthday cake in Sketch sequencer. Take a photo of the screen and use it as the songs picture in soundcloud. Bonus points for the funniest looking cake. More bonus points for actually using it to sequence a sound.
4.You may use one other trick of your choice that does not fall on your number, if you wish.
5. All internal synths, drums, and FX can be used, as well as any external samples that you wish to use and/or create beyond rule 2.
6. Name your piece after the best or worst birthday present you ever received. For instance, mine might be “Stupid Electric Toothbrush (I Wanted A Gameboy, Dammit!)”. Of course, you can be more poetic than that…
7. All mixing and mastering within OP1
8. Deadline is 17th of March
Note: if your tempo is too slow (say you’re born first of may, tempo would be 53) then just play at double time!
If my math is wrong and you add up to a different number, use this link to determine 1 of the 5 tricks
hope this all makes sense!
@admin please pin topic