Anyone know this patch!?!?!?

Really like this sound. I wonder what synth / settings???

https://youtu.be/SnQaR_wbUjQ

I don’t know about the raw oscillator settings ,but the main element to me is a saw LFO set to volume, maybe sustain in envelope (white element) or tremolo - for that reverse sound.
Obviously tweaking that nitro aswell.Hope this helps.

I don't know about the raw oscillator settings ,but the main element to me is a saw LFO set to volume, maybe sustain in envelope (white element) or tremolo - for that reverse sound. Obviously tweaking that nitro aswell.Hope this helps.

Thanks for your answer. I must be a bit daft, cause I don’t quite understand what you mean :stuck_out_tongue:

Haha, it’s probably the way I say it.
Try the tremolo set to volume +50 or more,with time to taist. Looking for that reverse pull type sound.

Thanks buddy. Reckon it’s a synth or sampler?

Mm that’s tricky. Not my strong point ,sourcing raw osc tones .
I see what you mean about is it a sample? I couldn’t notice any unnatural pitch osc changes or loop points.
It is a nice tone. If it is a synth I thought of FM or Voltage at first. I can’t see the date on my mobile, so check that to maybe rule out the latter (recent update,well actually not that recent from beta).
Couldn’t help more on how to program that, especially if its FM .
Maybe someone else could chime in and help?
Nice track though.

No worries, mate. yeah I just really dig the tone :slight_smile: I might try messaging the YouTube channel direct. I had commented, but no word yet :stuck_out_tongue:

its a cool track! @ludicrouSpeed if you get any info form the guy let us know!

Will do @aswefallintostatic

Cool name, btdubs

@ludicrouSpeed cheers man :smiley:

I am so in love with this guys music but I’m with the original poster, that patch he is using is mesmerizing and I’d love to know how to create something that is pulsing and with the slight reverse sound going on!

@flyingace71 I’m glad someone else feels it. Haha! Let’s petition the guy to release patch documents OP-gate!

Thats the famous Gattobus. Ive been subscribed to his youtube channel for many years. You should checkout his Jarre covers. The best out there. He recently showcased the Roland JDXA.
If you do find the patch id be amazed as he is so popular. But anything he touches turns to Gold. The guys a musical alchemist.

He does use a lot of peripheral equipment for FX. Stompboxes etc. im pretty sure this isnt just done on the Op-1 as his equipment library is enormous.

Gattobus is amazing. His patches for the reface DX are top-tier.

Damn @peeter… Thanks for the info

Well, personally I don’t think popularity is a justification at musical secrecy. I would say that he is within his rights to withhold the info… Maybe I would do the same in his position… But the brother could throw us a bone at least with a hint…

I purchased both of his band camp albums today and in a message to him about his music, his life, etc., I asked about the song and patch. I doubt i’ll ever hear anything from him but it was worth a shot. His music is pretty awesome and inspiring at the very least.

On that note, though, I did start messing around with Nitro and Tremolo on the OP1 today. I can sort of start to see how to do something like that sound.

Oh, sick one, @flyingace71!

Good to see people still payijg for music. I’ll have to check out his catalogue. Excited to possibly hear about the patch! Keep us updated if you hear. Would love to see any vids you make of similar patches :slight_smile:

I wonder if he on Spotify…

Found one song on a compilation. Got damn Spotify is becoming much less relevant for underground indie music… I’m considering switching subscriptions to SoundCloud. More chance of hearing something new. Spotify is so homogenised now. More and more.

Gattobus is amazing. His patches for the reface DX are top-tier.

Anfim yes. The demo of the Yamaha Reface DX was incredible. Those reverb guitar sounds. But he admitted to using a few extras at the end of the video.