iConnectMIDI4+ starting to ship with lighting cable

… in Australian stores, according to rumor.

One of the complaints about this unit is that it only ships with aa 30-pin connector for iPad usage.

Just fyi for prospective customers such as myself.

Yes, Australia is one of the first to get these.

You will be able to tell the difference at the retailer due to the ‘Lightning Version’ labeled in blue below ‘iConnectMIDI4+’ on the box. If you are ordering without seeing it, you can always ask what version they have. Some retailers may have both.

Cheers!
-JS

@Josh_iConnectivity buying a lightening connector is not on the site. I am in need of at least 1… how do I get one?

Me too!

Just picked one up with the Lightning cable from Awave in Melbourne. Working just fine and dandy.

I just got the Iconnectmidi 4+ from Audio chocolate in Aus. I received a lightning cable but have an older 30 pin style connection. @Josh_iConnectivity Is there a difference between this cable and a standard USB cable with a CCK?

@Kites - @Dimi3 _ I’m happy to part with it, if they are the same.
I just got the Iconnectmidi 4+ from Audio chocolate in Aus. I received a lightning cable but have an older 30 pin style connection. @Josh_iConnectivity Is there a difference between this cable and a standard USB calbe with a CCK?

@Kites - @Dimi3 _ I'm happy to part with it, if they are the same.

Oh yeah duh! Silly me, I didn’t think about that. The iCM Mini USB cable appears to same as my other Mini USB cables, I guess I’ll have to experiment.

@mec1

The CCK will limit some features, like charging. This adaptor will connect, but it is not recommended. Our USB B connection cables (both 30-pin and lightning) are specially designed to meet Apple’s spec and the specs of your hardware.
The only adaptor we recommend using us the Apple 30-pin to lightning adaptor - as this will bring full functionality.
@dimi3
We hope to have the USB-B to lightning connection cable available as an accessory in the near future.
The ‘Lightning Version’ products just hit retails. That means the user will have a choice until 30-pin stock runs out.
Some retailers will have both versions. You can tell by the box, as it will state ‘Lightning Version’ below the product name.

If you already have a 30-pin version that comes with the 30-pin connection cable, the best solution at this time would be using the Apple 30-pin to lightning adaptor - until we have the lightning connection cables available as a accessory.

Thanks @josh_iConnectivity, I did see somewhere recently (sonicstate review I think) that the USB B cable that the unit ships with allows charging also.

As for the USB ports, I have read about using a USB hub to connect multiple USB devices.

I have plugged in an unpowered USB Hub a few times, but it doesn’t seem to work, does the USB hub need to be powered to allow multiple connections?

@mec1 - yeah, it will need to be powered in order to use up to 8 devices. All the devices will need to be class compliant MIDI via USB-MIDI connection.

The ‘lightning version’ iConnectMIDI4+ does come with the USB- B to lightning connection cable.
You can also reach out to your retailer to order the USB- B to lightning connection cable by itself - they are in stock. Otherwise, you will see it in the ‘Accessories’ section of our site.