Anyone had this crazy problem with their OP?

https://youtu.be/cpbGBapn-9U

Wow ! Seems like your Op-1 screen is frozen. Have you tried to talk to TE support about this ?

Wow ! Seems like your Op-1 screen is frozen. Have you tried to talk to TE support about this ?

Yeah, I have. They are not being super responsive… Which makes me sad cause I’m a super fanboy

They gave me the battery refresh info which I already had tried. Haven’t heard back for a couple of days or so now.

You should ask if they can sell you a new OLED screen if your synth is not under warranty?

If under warranty they will change this free of charge. But you need to send it in for repair.

Thanks @player

I don’t think it’s the screen itself which is the problem. I think the screen is one of the places where the issues are manifesting themselves.

Still under warranty. Working my way through the issue. It’s taking a long time. Cest la vie

I just reunited with the OP-1 tonight. Bought a demo unit from Sweetwater here in America. Everything was going well, until about 30-45 minutes in and my unit did the same exact thing.

Have you had any resolution in this issue?

I’m probably going to return it back to Sweetwater, but just wanted to see if there was a fix I could try, since the OP-1’s are pretty hard to find right now. I know there is eBay, but after this, I’m going to be pretty hesitant about not buying one with some sort of warranty.

(P.S. Sorry for reviving a dead thread - it was the only one I could find with this problem.)

@TMPLYR

No problem, buddy.

In addition to this screen thing, I was jamming at home super loud through my PA when the visual glitch was accompanied by a high pitched super loud noise, along with a clipping sound like a metronome, I have the video somewhere… Just warning you, as these issues may go hand in hand. Also, how’s your battery life? Mine went shit house.

To answer your question: I took mine to a local guy to look at it, and he couldn’t find the problem… However, since he looked at it, it’s been fine. Got hours and hours out of a single charge. Haven’t charged it since…

I called the guy to ask him if he used a special charger or something, and if he had the op1 on or off when he charged it. He said that he wasn’t sure, but thinks it was charged on a PC… Or maybe a standard official Samsung charger. But none of that really matters, as he said it opened the unit all up, and made sure everything was firmly connected.

@ludicrouSpeed

Thanks for that info. Probably just going to end up returning it, since I just got it. Just makes me sad - was really looking forward to having the OP-1 back in my life. Oh well, will just have to wait a bit longer until someone gets them in stock. Thanks again!
@ludicrouSpeed

Thanks for that info. Probably just going to end up returning it, since I just got it. Just makes me sad - was really looking forward to having the OP-1 back in my life. Oh well, will just have to wait a bit longer until someone gets them in stock. Thanks again!

NW

I would say maybe check w/ TE of opening it up voids your warranty, as if it’s just a loose connection, then it’s probably nothing actually wrong w/ the unit once the connection is made properly