PO 20 Arcade FX Bug

Hello everyone! Can you tell me what is going wrong?
Factory presets - I press “play” button, melody playing. I press "fx’ button+1-16button. And there is no fx - I hear only sounds of 1-16 (bass, snare etc), not effects.
What should I do? Or it is broken unit?

That’s correct.

fx-1 to 4 play a pre-set selection of the samples from 1-16

so if fx-1 plays sample 3, 5, 6 and 12 (for example, i don’t have the list) and you’re not using any of those, i think you hear nothing.

Thank you for the answer, but…Sorry I dont understand((
I think, when I press FX+any button, I will hear this effects:
1. solo chords
2. solo chords + lead
3. solo drums
4. solo drums + bass
5. lowpass slow sweep
6. lowpass fast sweep
7. highpass filter
8. highpass sweep
9. fill-in
10. fill-in (fast)
11. retrigger
12. retrigger (fast)
13. glitch
14. glitch (fast)
15. blinds
16. rising arpeggio

but I hear

1. bass
2. bass drum
3. snare drum
4. hi-hat
5. tom
6. blip
7. hardsync
8. noise fx
9. arpeggio
10. melodic arp
11. falling arp
12. octave arp
13. lead
14. vibrato
15. portamento
16. echo

What is pre-set selection?
What should i do to hear for example “16. rising arpeggio”?
when I press fx+16 - I hear "16. echo"
or when I press fx+2 - I hear “2. bass drum”, not “2. solo chords + lead”

You need to hold down FX while pressing buttons 1 - 16. And (of course) the sequencer must be running (press PLAY) to hear any effects.

If you do that already, then it seems like the FX button is faulty.

When you hold down the FX button (second from the top on the far right btw) while in play mode, do. the lights go off on the sequencer buttons 1-16?

Also, when you press the FX button, the left “button” of the on-screen arcade machine should blink.

Yep @olgerd - when holding FX and another button together, you should get the effects as per your list.

I have no idea what @AudioJack is getting at in his response. Perhaps he could explain…

CB

I think he’s saying that FX 1 to 4 cause only a subset of sounds to play. E.g. if your pattern has no bass sounds and you use effect 4 you might not hear a difference.

Hi everyone! Thanks for the answers!!!)))
I dont understand whats happend((( FX button start playing normally after
1) NO PRESS “play” button
2) HOLD "fx"
3) select 5,6
4) Start "play"
5) fx goes normally

When you hold down the FX button (second from the top on the far right btw) while in play mode, do. the lights go off on the sequencer buttons 1-16?

Nope! Button 5,6 lights. And I do things I write before and it helps. Maybe FX is broken and working weird - I have no idea(((

Also, when you press the FX button, the left “button” of the on-screen arcade machine should blink.
It was not blinking. Now its blink as normal.

Maybe FX button has other options (not only fx)?

The FX only work when sequencer is playing. When sequencer is stopped you can’t hear any effects.

Yep @olgerd - when holding FX and another button together, you should get the effects as per your list.

I have no idea what @AudioJack is getting at in his response. Perhaps he could explain....

CB

I’m not sure either. I get the effects as listed from 5 to 16, but 1 to 4 are not those expected. For 1 to 4 i get the ones I describe. Will test more tonight

I have no idea what @AudioJack is getting at in his response. Perhaps he could explain....

CB

I’m not sure either. I get the effects as listed from 5 to 16, but 1 to 4 are not those expected. For 1 to 4 i get the ones I describe. Will test more tonight

Ok. That makes sense. It will be because FX 1-4 are dependent upon what you’ve included in the currently playing pattern.

CB