PUNCH!

hey, sorry if this has already been discussed, trying to figure out exactly how punch is effecting sound. seems to have multiband tube compression? really dig its sound driven hard into the mastering limiter - really awesome filter sweep. anyone have any tips?

ade.

Not sure about the “multiband", for me it's more a peak, but definitely in compression grounds :)

LFO (not FREE) on punch can yield to interesting sounds, like an filter envelope.
Interesting to bring some subs in the game, as well.

MC ADE?

hehe afraid not. been a fan of hip hop since my junior school days in the early 80’s - used to pinch cassette tapes so i could record rap radio shows on my sisters boom box. a real journey of discovery back then as it was really still underground culture. that was before the Beastie Boys & Public Enemy dropped their seminal hits!

It’s a lowpass filter with variable resonance and slope. Main usage is obviously bass boost, but can also do other stuff, e.g. in combination with envelope modulation of the cutoff frequency parameter (blue).

yeah that makes sense can kinda hear that but the higher frequencies are always audible with power set to 90 or so more of a floor control than slope? or both? its a complex little beast definitely adds some real grungy drive & character.

@a_d_e “power” (=red param) is the Dry/Wet mixer. 99 is full wet, everything below will have a portion of the original audio in it.

@a_d_e "power" (=red param) is the Dry/Wet mixer. 99 is full wet, everything below will have a portion of the original audio in it.

ok gotcha exactly the kind of info i was hoping to find :wink: