OP-1 Video Thief

Hi all.

This channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBb8CsoSIhSzNxg8qbFJDZg

They are stealing other people’s videos and uploading them as their own. Mostly OP-1 stuff. I recommend filling out a DMCA against them if your video has been stolen.

https://www.youtube.com/copyright_complaint_form

I don’t believe the guy’s stealing, I feel like it’s misuse.

You might explain him that he should remove the content and create playlists of the source videos.

The person has ripped verbatim titles and descriptions from multiple videos, omitting data like websites and contact info. They went to the trouble of ripping the videos and uploading to a channel they created with a channel name about OP-1 videos.

That’s a lot of work to go through for a custom playlist of content others have worked hard to create.

Well you might be right, then…

Let’s give him lots of down-thumbs… :smiley:

@jjbbllkk Are you RED MEANS RECORDING ?

@jjbbllkk Are you RED MEANS RECORDING ?

yup yup

Let's give him lots of down-thumbs... :D

Done!

CB

What a dick!

You guys are going to stop at a thumbs down? Is that all? I bet we can get him to disable comments. Maybe start tagging the real authors in the comments?

If you can find the original video you could just post a comment like “Stolen from [YT-Link here]”

I heard on the Making It Podcast about someone doing this to Jimmy Diresta. He said there is some way to verify that videos are yours with YouTube. Then in the future, you would have the option of either 1) having YouTube remove it from that person’s channel or 2) taking all monetization from that person’s plays. Whoever is affected by this should contact YouTube and get the ball rolling on that process. I’m not sure if every person affected will have to do that, but that might be the case.

I heard on the Making It Podcast about someone doing this to Jimmy Diresta. He said there is some way to verify that videos are yours with YouTube. Then in the future, you would have the option of either 1) having YouTube remove it from that person's channel or 2) taking all monetization from that person's plays. Whoever is affected by this should contact YouTube and get the ball rolling on that process. I'm not sure if every person affected will have to do that, but that might be the case.

You’re talking about Content ID, and believe me, I really would like to have that. However there are only two ways to get it, AFAIK:

1) Apply for it. I’ve done this, in September of last year, and have received no word from Youtube.
2) Partner with a CDN. I have no interest in doing this and giving some company control over my channel.

Makes me so mad! I went on one of “his” videos and posted the comment that “This belongs to RED MEANS RECORDING” and down thumbed him. :frowning:

Makes me so mad! I went on one of "his" videos and posted the comment that "This belongs to RED MEANS RECORDING" and down thumbed him. :(

<3

Btw have you reported the video that is/are yours ?

I have seen that there is a report button. Seems you can only report the videos that have been stolen from you.
Btw have you reported the video that is/are yours ?
I have seen that there is a report button. Seems you can only report the videos that have been stolen from you.

I’ve been filing DMCA notices left and right. The videos up now are a new batch, I already had 5 taken down.

I’m disappointed, because it was my understanding that after 3 takedowns, a channel goes offline. This no longer seems to be the case.
If you can find the original video you could just post a comment like "Stolen from [YT-Link here]"

I agree with doing this. Unfortunately the owner of the channel can delete any comments put on their videos. :frowning:

hey one of those vids is mine!!!

definitely reporting this clown.
hey one of those vids is mine!!!

definitely reporting this clown.

sorry to hear that they got you too. hopefully they respond quickly.