Kenton and Midi-sync with OP-1

edited January 6 in OP-1
Hi,

If I connect the OP-1 to a Kenton USB Host, then to a Kenton Midi Thru, and connect my other gear into the MIDI Thru (MPC-1000, Kaossilator3+, KaossPad3+, MicroKorg, Electribe2) would I be able to use the OP-1 as a host to sync everything?

Also been looking at the Motu MIDI Express XT, a lot more expensive than the Kenton Thru if that does the job, but maybe it would be useful down the road, especially if I want to add more hardware down the road/use my DAW's clock to sync with etc.

Thanks.

Comments

• Consider iConnect MIO4 : it's a solid USB hub.
  • Consider iConnect MIO4 : it's a solid USB hub.

Looks interesting, would this negate the need for a Kenton USB Host to be used? Hurts my brain but I assume there would be a way I could get all 5 slave units connected into this thing. Thanks
  • edited January 6
    I have a Kenton host and I'm able to slave my octatrack and two volcas together (more with Volca syn) no problem.... I use op as the clock because I couldn't keep tape in sync by using octatrack as main clock
  • With iConnect Mio4 or ICM4+ you can connect 4 devices through regular MIDI + 16 other machines through USB MIDI.
    You set one device as master, all other as slaves and voilà!
    You can of course send CCs.

iConnectMIDI4+ is the crossroads of my MIDI traffic!
  • PTSowns said:

I have a Kenton host and I'm able to slave my octatrack and two volcas together (more with Volca syn) no problem.... I use op as the clock because I couldn't keep tape in sync by using octatrack as main clock

The OT midi clock is a pain , always oscillate like 120.0 BPM to 119.9 BPM thats cause the tape offset , im thinking on use op1 as master also , but OT do all the program changes and i won't lose that , y try to make the loop points when midi clock are more stable and if the tape start unsync I correct with the blue encoder in tape mode .